Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Penumbra Maps and Levels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Frictional!
I want to create Penumbra levels so I read everything about how to do that - but still theres so much things to do...
I know, that you can create levels via Maya 7 and collada 0.8. I have Maya 2010 and Opencollada 2010 - So Am I able to create levels with these two? Because when i create the cube in the 3d editor and then export is as .dae (already textured, ofc), i cannot open it in HplHelper.exe (models -> view). But when i open your tutorial box in Hplhelper i can view it.
Also, i cannot see your tutorial box in the 3D editor (maya 2010) ... it only shows an empty window (just only grid - but no box). I'm already so sick and tired because of it. I am figting with this for at least one month (I mean - read everything about how to edit in HPL, obtain Maya, view a lot of tutorials and practising in modeling in 3D editor (i never do that - I learned it just only because I want to create levels in Penumbra!) and so on that i nearly loosing my hope in this (to create level!)
So i came up with the next question: Can I use the same creatures (dogs, spiders, worms) in the HPL2 editor? Can i make that "eye - info" (when you are looking at something in Penumbra) in HPL2 editor? Can I add hammer, flashlight etc. to HPL2 editor?
Thank you for your answer to all my questions and thanks for the unbelievably good games!!!!!
Yes it is possible!
For making Penumbra Maps, I would use HPL2 too, because it is much easier as modelling I think.
Everlone has release a tutorial about import Penumbra Models in HPL2. There are also some modern custom stories released, like White Night! (Guess, why I took this as example Big Grin )
Good Luck!
I bet 1.000.000 Million Dollars, Tanshaydar will read this! Big Grin

And welcome in the forum!
wow, thats great, thank you for the info. I am glad!
BTW: do you know where to find that Everlone's Penumbra conversion pack? I've searched the whole google, but there is nothing! :-O

EDIT: I found it already, thanks for the info again!
No problem! Big Grin
You're welcome!