Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Battlefield 3 sold over 10 million units.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
A month ago, where Amnesia had his birthday, we get the information, that it have sold over 400.000 units in a year.
EA's new action shooter Battlefield 3 is avaiable since one day and it sold over 10 million units for each 78 dollars.
What a difference!
Heck, they could buy Russia with all that!
(10-29-2011, 04:48 PM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]A month ago, where Amnesia had his birthday, we get the information, that it have sold over 400.000 units in a year.
EA's new action shooter Battlefield 3 is avaiable since one day and it sold over 10 million units for each 78 dollars.
What a difference!

Umm, was this supposed to be ironic? Or What?
Do you really think they opened the sales and 10 million sell occurred in one single day?
When were the pre-orders opened again?

Amnesia is made by 5 people in 3 years. Battlefield 3? Hmmm, what a difference, yeah.
(10-29-2011, 05:23 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2011, 04:48 PM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]A month ago, where Amnesia had his birthday, we get the information, that it have sold over 400.000 units in a year.
What a difference!

Umm, was this supposed to be ironic? Or What?
Do you really think they opened the sales and 10 million sell occurred in one single day?
When were the pre-orders opened again?

Amnesia is made by 5 people in 3 years. Battlefield 3? Hmmm, what a difference, yeah.
In only 3 days of Battlefield 3 being released, it has already sold a record breaking 10 million copies. 3 Million of these being pre-orders. Electronic Art’s CEO, John Riccitiello already reported today that many vendors are already requesting re-orders. Still there are parts of the world for Battlefield 3 to be released. On top of that, it seems as though it has set a record for the best day one sales in the history of Electronic Arts.

7 million sales in 3 days is pretty damn good. I don't really get what you mean by stating that Amnesia was made by 5 people, yeah they are indie developers. They aren't the only people in the world who made a game with limited amount of people. 3 years ? Battlefield 3 took 3 years to make as well. And well there are quite obvious reasons on why BF3 sold a lot better than amnesia and any other indie games.
Eh, first person shooters now-a-days make their money from hype. They can make everything look nice and all, but it is never worth anything beyond $30. That's why i always wait till they realize their worth before i purchase them.
WoW Cataclysm sold 3.3 million copy in 24 hours. How much time spent making it?
I really don't get what OP tried to state with "difference", or what you are trying to state.

Black Ops still holds the title "best selling game of all the time" while GTA IV sold over 25 million copies.
Both companies worked hard to make each product, and probably really deserve their success. I prefer single player games, but the Frostbyte 2 technology alone looks really staggering. If I recall, it's rumored to be the engine for Mirror's Edge. So we all have that ulterior motive to hope for its success.
(10-29-2011, 08:18 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: [ -> ]If I recall, it's rumored to be the engine for Mirror's Edge. So we all have that ulterior motive to hope for its success.

There was a plan to use it for Mirror's Edge 2, but I don't know the state of that plan.
Need For Speed: The Run uses Frostbite 2 engine.
I mean what a difference of sold units. Where Amnesia is a better game than BF3 and sold much much less.
But BF3 is even good, very realistic and you felt like you are in a real war. Both games are good in its own way.
You can't compare Amnesia and Battlefield 3 since they are completely different games. It's like comparing a pineapple with a motorcycle. It just doesn't make sense.
Pages: 1 2 3