Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Funny Personal Irony in White Night
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So.... I'm sure most of you have played White Night by Tanshaydar. If not, I'm going to post a few spoilers on my funny ironic situation...

//______________________

So... I started up White Night. There, it asked me to create a "new patient". I loved how it was themed around the campaign's OWN amnesia. So I thought it would be funny, being a fan of the Silent Hill series, to name my profile "Subject 206". If any of you can guess that reference before I say it now, you rock.

Alex Shepherd in Silent Hill: Homecoming was put in Room 206 in the mental hospital (sequence in the beginning of SH: Homecoming). I just thought it would be funny to have that as my mental subject.

Then I laughed...

One of the first sequences in the game is you being pushed on a stretcher in White Night, here is the first cutscene in Homecoming:

I laughed because that matched so well....

Then I smiled in joy...

Later in the campaign, you begin entering a "hallucinagenic" nightmare... Similar to Silent Hill's "Otherworld".

THEN WN started playing it's soundtrack... which reminded me AGAIN of Silent Hill.
Being a big fan of Silent Hill, This campaign was a complete and utter TREAT. XD And the fact that I unknowingly made my "patient", Subject 206, just put the icing on the cake.
The references and theme/atmosphere was beautiful, and actually jumped a few times (I damn near threw my mouse when I turned underneath the staircase in the beginning)

Tanshaydar, thank you for a great, White, night =]
(11-12-2011, 03:48 AM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ]Being a big fan of Silent Hill, This campaign was a complete and utter TREAT.

Having heard this from a Silent Hill fan... that made my day my friend Smile
I'll make a video compilation of staircase some day Big Grin
Don't forget the Penumbra insunation!
Philipp wanna kill Clarence. I loled hard! Big Grin
(11-12-2011, 12:11 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2011, 03:48 AM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ]Being a big fan of Silent Hill, This campaign was a complete and utter TREAT.

Having heard this from a Silent Hill fan... that made my day my friend Smile
I'll make a video compilation of staircase some day Big Grin
THE STAIRCASE! XD I caught that one too! I had my livestream running while playing this. You could see everything I caught and referenced. And sorry, but being a Silent Hill fan made that ring puzzle quite simple XD It just seemed right. Haha.

And I loved the pyramid head painting. I swear, I was laughing the whole way through. I don't know why I didn't play this earlier....

(11-12-2011, 04:52 PM)Brute Wrote: [ -> ]Don't forget the Penumbra insunation!
Philipp wanna kill Clarence. I loled hard! Big Grin
Yeah, I caught that one too =] But one I missed that Kman told me was that you mentioned "Red"? Thomas Redwood I think it was? I only knew him by "Red", so I almost didn't catch that one.

Another little thing I found Tanshaydar, was the part where you have to flow water through the tubs, around the corner is a chain-linked fence. well, through the fence, I saw the little things dangling from the ceiling by the fluorescent light. I had no idea what they were but I was like O.o...
I'm surprised how you got this much of a reference. So far everyone got some different references, but no-one got them all.
Also most of the players didn't noticed that things dangling from the ceiling in that location.
(11-13-2011, 01:53 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: [ -> ]I'm surprised how you got this much of a reference. So far everyone got some different references, but no-one got them all.
Also most of the players didn't noticed that things dangling from the ceiling in that location.
Haha, I'm very observant. I used to piss my ex off because I'd look at an environment too much in a game XD

I got TONS of references. I'm not going to say ALL, because I didn't catch "Thomas Redwood", but I got Philip and Clarence. I think it's awesome that you were able to squeeze them in there.

Overall great campaign =]