Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: pitchblack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i need to know how to make it really pitchblack for one scene. i dont want that the player can see anything without light. is it possible?
1,1,1 value box lights that wont illuminate any walls etc. That disables night vision
sorry for that dumb question^^ but what do you mean with '1,1,1'?
i created a boxlight for my area. you mean the diffuse colours?
AFAIK, this requires a full conversion.
It requires full conversion to disable night vision completely, but if you make the area the player walks in illuminated with a light value above the treshold that triggers night vision, it wont happen. Thus do this thing I used in my 24 hour amnesia map:
Spoiler below!
[Image: pitchblackboxlighttrick.jpg]

make sure the player can actually navigate in there, I did that terribly and people had serious trouble getting past this thing. But yeah, it doesnt illuminate the walls but only the player so night vision wont trigger...
yeah i played this too and i raged xD i walked backwards but i didn't get through^^

its only for one part where its important to see nothing... (sounds stupid xD)
but if theres no option without a full conversion, i am lost Sad((
what? didn't I just describe how you can disable nightvision?

FadeOut(0);
??
(01-09-2012, 06:46 PM)Khyrpa Wrote: [ -> ]what? didn't I just describe how you can disable nightvision?

FadeOut(0);
??
ou sorry, yeah im new in scripting stuff and didnt realized that, im sorry :/
but anyways i dont think that it will be helpfull... in that script im working with flickering light and i just dont want that the player sees the enemy... :/

If you would describe the whole event you are trying to create, that could really help people help you further...
i already wrote everything i wanted^^ script is done i was just askig if i can disable the nightvision for one area^^ (only the nightvision) and i got the answer Wink so i have to find another way ^^
Pages: 1 2