Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: CUSTOM STORY - .map file issue!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all lovely singing birds Cool

This might seem a bit "noobish" or stupid of me, but I actually (when I created the map for my custom story) forgot to create a .map file for my first level. The thing is I just started building and scripting with it in level editor/hps.file. But when I had a bit of a scripting issue and was going back and forth in different folders and hps.files to solve it I realised I don't have a .map file in the maps folder for my levels...I can still build and script the maps and when I open my level editor it can find all my files there (for example: "mainhall.map").

But I just might do this one into a full conversion and I can't do that without my maps in the folder! Obviously. I have tried to create the maps for them in the maps folder but when I enter it it's just a plain page with no codes or whatever in it. Which it should be since I have been doing a lot of stuff on it. It's just a blank page. Dodgy

Exclamation So, if there is anyone who know how to fix this issue please tell me.

Comment on this thread or write me a private message or email me at Tiiwh@live.se

Thanks. Sad
(02-04-2012, 07:08 PM)Tiiwh Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all lovely singing birds Cool

This might seem a bit "noobish" or stupid of me, but I actually (when I created the map for my custom story) forgot to create a .map file for my first level. The thing is I just started building and scripting with it in level editor/hps.file. But when I had a bit of a scripting issue and was going back and forth in different folders and hps.files to solve it I realised I don't have a .map file in the maps folder for my levels...I can still build and script the maps and when I open my level editor it can find all my files there (for example: "mainhall.map").

But I just might do this one into a full conversion and I can't do that without my maps in the folder! Obviously. I have tried to create the maps for them in the maps folder but when I enter it it's just a plain page with no codes or whatever in it. Which it should be since I have been doing a lot of stuff on it. It's just a blank page. Dodgy

Exclamation So, if there is anyone who know how to fix this issue please tell me.

Comment on this thread or write me a private message or email me at Tiiwh@live.se

Thanks. Sad
If you can open the maps in the level editor and they are placed in the folder maps, then see if they are hidden ^^

How do I do that?

I tried to choose "show hidden folders" but no one came up!

D:
(02-04-2012, 07:43 PM)Tiiwh Wrote: [ -> ]How do I do that?

I tried to choose "show hidden folders" but no one came up!

D:
Hmm then they are not hidden, open the map in level editor and then put save as to see where the files are Smile
They are placed in "maps" folder Sad
^This, u might searching from wrong folder in the first place Smile. Save it on desktop for example and check if they appear there.
It showed there! Smile Should I just resave it in the mapfolder then?
Look it's weird, says that I have files already existing there, like when I go back to the "..." and where the custom_settings is, it says I have a map called "textures" but when i look at the map NOT from the level editor I don't. And I tried to delete my "maps" folder but when i was going to save my level again the map folder was still there...
Hmm, okay. Anyway, try to make sure that your level editor is saving into correct place. Maybe you have 2 similar folders or something.
(02-04-2012, 10:37 PM)Elven Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, okay. Anyway, try to make sure that your level editor is saving into correct place. Maybe you have 2 similar folders or something.
I have this exact same problem. It says that the map is there in the editor but it won't show when I search for it. However it does appear on my desktop. Hidden files are being shown so I don't get this.