Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Penumbra Overture highjacking mouse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm playing Penumbra Overture in windowed mode when creating and testing maps and scripts. So the problem is this: whenever i start Penumbra it highjacks my mouse and i cant get it out of the game window without closing the game. Alt tab works sometimes but it makes the window go jerky. I thought of fixing this problem in the Overture source code but i couldnt find anything related to window and mouse handling. I want it to be like when i open the pause menu or any other menu in the game that shows the mouse cursor, i want to be able to move the cursor out of the game window. If someone from the developer team would assist me or someone that knows little better than i do i would appreciate it very much. Big Grin
If you insist on working with Penumbra Overture you best option is to turn off all pre-menu and menu stuff, to make the game launch as fast as possible. Then you close and open the game each time you made any changes. Yes... I often think about how weird it is that we managed to create a game at all.
Ah ok. But isnt there any way to modify the mouse hook or something like that in the source codes?