Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: doors wont show text
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
so i have got my level door working it is originally locked and i want it to say something when i click on it but what i have done wont work any help?
<LANGUAGE>
<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<Entry Name="Description">
you wake up in your lovely mansion only to find a strange note that starts the horrors to come
</Entry>
<CATEGORY Name=“LevelDoors”>
<Entry Name =“LevelDoors1”>This door is locked!</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
</CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>
is anything wrong in this script the description works but the door says nothing?

Your code:

<LANGUAGE>
you wake up in your lovely mansion only to find a strange note that starts the horrors to come
</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
</CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>

My fixes:

<LANGUAGE>
</Entry>
</CATEGORY> <-----You are missing this after that entry. The categorys need to be separated.
</CATEGORY>
</CATEGORY> <------------You have 2 ending bracket categorys..delete one and tell me if it works.
</LANGUAGE>
(03-30-2012, 01:16 AM)Cole Wrote: [ -> ]Your code:

<LANGUAGE>
</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
</CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>

My fixes:

<LANGUAGE>
</Entry>
</CATEGORY> <-----You are missing this after that entry. The categorys need to be separated.
</CATEGORY>
</CATEGORY> <------------You have 2 ending bracket categorys..delete one and tell me if it works.
</LANGUAGE>
still doesnt work i must have done something wrong somewhere

Well mine didn't work until i put it in the right spot..mine is Amnesia>custom stories>test2

In other words mine is not with my .hps files or my .map files if that's where your's is.
Special characters aren't part of the syntax. Fix your quotation marks.
I know that when I first loaded my Custom Story none of these appeared. If you haven't already, also try reloading your custom story, or Amnesia altogether. Then again I don't know if that was just a problem on my side or if it has something to do with the .lang refreshing or something.
(03-30-2012, 01:45 AM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]Special characters aren't part of the syntax. Fix your quotation marks.

um i dont quite get what you mean which quotation marks need fixing?
(03-30-2012, 06:29 AM)zombiehacker595 Wrote: [ -> ]um i dont quite get what you mean which quotation marks need fixing?

These are proper quotation marks: "".

These are not: “”.
If it's a level door the category name has to be "Levels" and not "LevelDoors"

Like this:
<CATEGORY Name="Levels">
<Entry Name="Study_Door">Study</Entry>
<Entry Name="Storage_Door">Storage</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
Speaking of Categorys. I'm quite confused about them. I don't really understand if every single category you type, has to be something special to work? for example the level doors. as you said:

Quote:"If it's a level door the category name has to be "Levels" and not "LevelDoors"
Like this:
<CATEGORY Name="Levels">
<Entry Name="Study_Door">Study</Entry>
<Entry Name="Storage_Door">Storage</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

How do you exactly know when it has to be a specific category name?
Pages: 1 2