Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: tiptoeing around traps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(i thought this would be the best place for this thread perhaps not)
there were several points throughout the game that i had some difficulty doing it as i was suppose to so i did it another way...
was really curious if anyone else used these methods or others on different places.

i couldnt throw that rock at the ladder so i stacked up a couple barrels and hopped up there only to find i couldnt throw the ladder down, hopped back down grabbed a rock, hopped back up and nudged it down

on the icy lake i walked around the edge (took a little jumping)

on the chemicals, i tried what i thought the book told me to and it didnt work so i just associated each chemical with a number and tried all different combos

and i dont know how you were supposed to get a barrel up there to stop that fan, i set one on my head and tiptoed out from beneath it (they dont fall like that, might be a bug worth fixing) hopped up there and grabbed it.

by the message at the beginning using the barrel as a sort of weapon, i assume you were supposed to stand on stuff to kill dogs, which i did much through the first of the game, towards the end this got tiring and i just hunted em down and fought on level ground.
heh, using the barrel was my favorite weapon. Easy to throw, long range, and accurate.
The only thing I used barrels for was to barracaid doors. You were suppost to put a rock on the conveyor belt and it would come out and nock the ladder down. Then hold the rock in the fans path. Thats what I did anyways.
ah i see, i put something on each conveyor belt and nothing came out of the top thing, weird, though i did stack stuff up and try to crawl in and it didnt let me lol, i had that same issue with the battery box first time i chucked it down the hole it wasnt there, i think it may have to do with the newton engine, it will sometimes allow stuff through a plane at highspeeds. although that doesnt explain the disappearing rock, meh. and i tried with the rock with no luck, was kinda fun though, did it for awhile... what? im easily amused.