Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia 1.2 install not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Every time i install 1.2 and launch the game and error pops up saying that the sdl.dll file is missing.
I'm going to take a shot and say you somehow installed 1.2 incorrectly - Where did you get the game from?
(04-02-2012, 02:33 AM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to take a shot and say you somehow installed 1.2 incorrectly - Where did you get the game from?
Sorry for the wait. Shouldn't be too hard to install this unless the game needs to go into a specific folder. I did get the game on steam, but like many others the update never took place nor am i able to update it myself.

Download this file from this link > http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?sdl < select "Download zip file" or maybe you don't install something important ?
Steam is already up-to-date so no need to install any updates.
Try validating the files for Amnesia on Steam.
(04-04-2012, 11:33 PM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: [ -> ]Try validating the files for Amnesia on Steam.
I tried that as well but nothing happened. Im waiting on a response from steam to fix it so hopefully they can do something.

I did finally get a response from steam, but it didnt help. They assumed it was my router and that the download wouldnt finish, but there never is a download. Thought id keep this thread updated incase people were interested.
It's too bad frictional didnt just release 1.2 as just a free dlc to make it easier to download.
For crying out loud, as I said previously "Steam is already up-to-date so no need to install any updates.".