Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: 2007-12 Tuesday 4th, IGF finalists announced!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the tradition is here at Frictional Games we entered into the yearly IGF competition with our latest game. Previously we have entered with Penumbra Tech Demo and Energetic, and this year we had our hopes up as we actually had a finished game to enter with, Penumbra: Overture.

Unfortunatly we didn't make it this year either, it's a bit sad for us as it was the last attempt we had at enterting. We are not independent(maybe we are semi-indie?) any longer, according to the rules of the competition.

Our biggest congrats to all the finalists, the games seems to be of as high quality as always in the IGF competition! We highly recommend everyone to take a look at the games and try them out as they become available!

Read the finalists announcement.
Both a shame and a blessing.

Shame you can't get the free publicity
Blessing you are getting more friends to help you out with future games.
maybe their graphics card didnt support penumbra?
New website up! Nothing new on it though =[
http://www.paradoxplaza.com/penumbra/
Nice site, this new one! Smile
Check out the gallery; there's 3 pictures I've never seen before.

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/penumbra/?p=gallery

Looks like a library of some sort; almost an old library. The clock stopped at 9:30 and it almost seems like the roof is outside (seems like it's raining)
I noticed those when you posted the new site at the first time.

But when I watch it now, are those really game graphics? That this ain't just some sort of joke with the graphics that it looks better in these pictures than it really is...
All screens on directly from the game. And that room with the clock actually looks better now Smile
OK, nice to hear! Smile
New picture of room with clock!

*chant*