Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Spiders problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having a issue with spiders not moving around the room, no matter how high up I put them or if I put them on a surface, the model just stays locked in place moving around like its walking around the room, but it seems to be actually moving cause I can get hit by it across the room.
Try path nodes.
I think theirs a bug where you can't see the model moving around, so its like random attackings for players who don't know you have spiders in their.
(04-17-2012, 01:43 AM)mantis85 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having a issue with spiders not moving around the room, no matter how high up I put them or if I put them on a surface, the model just stays locked in place moving around like its walking around the room, but it seems to be actually moving cause I can get hit by it across the room.
I remember that an explanation was given about raising some sorts of collision box in the model editor. Of course, this will mean that you will have to create a new version of the spider, or else your mod won't work on other peoples computers.

(04-17-2012, 04:58 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: [ -> ]I remember that an explanation was given about raising some sorts of collision box in the model editor. Of course, this will mean that you will have to create a new version of the spider, or else your mod won't work on other peoples computers.
This is true. The spiders collision box clips with the floor so it cannot move. I can't find the video which originally demonstrated it though. Just open the spider in the model editor, raise the collision body by just a fraction, so it isn't under the floor, and save as a new spider.
Then stick it in your custom story folder (I think it's myStory/entities/critters/spider/ but don't quote me on that! Tongue) and people can use your new spider!

(04-17-2012, 05:04 PM)DRedshot Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-17-2012, 04:58 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: [ -> ](I think it's myStory/entities/critters/spider/ but don't quote me on thatTongue) and people can use your new spider!
NOOO. Thats not the folder. Its custom_stories/(YOUR STORY FILE)/entities

If the entities file does not exist, create it.