Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: [Help] Adding custom footstep sounds without replacing old ones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does someone know how to add custom footstep sounds without replacing the old ones, just like in Justine?
I wanted to put sounds from Penumbra but I don't want to use them always, I just wanted them to be in my custom story (maybe it's only possible in full conversions, I don't know.)

Thanks in advance Smile
(05-03-2012, 06:53 AM)SPACoD Wrote: [ -> ]Does someone know how to add custom footstep sounds without replacing the old ones, just like in Justine?
I wanted to put sounds from Penumbra but I don't want to use them always, I just wanted them to be in my custom story (maybe it's only possible in full conversions, I don't know.)

Thanks in advance Smile

just create a sounds folder in your CS folder and place the .snt file in there then in the script just use playsoundatentity as usual
Do you mean without replacing the file, but making it so you hear only 1 version of footsteps in-game?
Like having your version of footsteps and telling the game to use those and not the default ones?
(05-03-2012, 11:25 AM)FragdaddyXXL Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean without replacing the file, but making it so you hear only 1 version of footsteps in-game?
Like having your version of footsteps and telling the game to use those and not the default ones?
That didn't make any sense for me. But oh well.

I don't think you can. Only FC can.