Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Full Conversion Mod: "Better Asleep" - In need of a small team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello fellow Amnesia modders Big Grin
I've recently been reading about lucid dreaming, and it's given me an idea for a mod -
Better
Asleep
Brief Description:
"Jerome's life is in ruin. His wife was murdered two weeks ago and it's caused his life to simply spin out of control. Debilitated by the mental stress he has gone through, he is unable to recover and barely gets enough money from his failing business to live day-to-day. He hates his life and is on the verge of suicide.
Yet, after all this, the one thing that keeps him from ending his life is something that isn't even real. While Jerome is unconscious, he is free, and through his dreams, his life shall heal."
Kind-of inspired by Yumi Nikki and Cry of Fear, Better Asleep is a mostly non-horror experimental mod that revolves around Jerome's dreams. There are four kinds of levels - Dreams, Lucid Dreams, Nightmares and Reality.
The story is set in a reasonably modern era, I haven't decided on an exact date but it'll be somewhere from the 70s to the current year.
Also:
I'm looking to get a team together; It's just me working on in at the moment.
The people I'd need would be:
- A mapper or two / creative people to come up with ideas for dreams c: I intend for there to be a lot of dreams and it'll be hard to keep things interesting if I'm the only mapper.
- A few voice actors; I need a male and a female actor. I'm sure I'd be able to find some willing people by searching the forum though c:
- And a modeller. I'll be using a lot of custom models/entities/textures from this forum (Also from Penumbra), and attempting to make some models myself, but I'm pretty amateur at modelling so if there's anyone who'll be happy to create a random model once in a while if I can't get one any other way (Or at least put a texture on something), it'd be a huge help Big Grin
If anyone's keen, leave a post, PM me or add me on Steam :3
(Every custom bit used that isn't mine will have it's author in the credits, of course Wink)
...What does everyone think? Tongue
nice cant wait
I could voice act the male.
Sure, I had a listen to your other voice acting and you fit it quite well :3 I'll pm you with the script tomorrow.
id probably update the menu screen. i can see the end of the plane.
Inception inspired. If you plan on making maps look like that I suggest that you import the models into a modeling program, then export as one mesh. Then simply rotate the whole thing once you want to "walk up the wall" - cool yes! :>

Good luck!
(05-07-2012, 01:25 PM)kartanonperuna Wrote: [ -> ]I could voice act the male.
+1 I recommend him.
I'm pretty busy enough with my own custom story, but I've always wanted to try my hand at designing some surreal maps.

I probably won't be able to be a full-time mapper, but I could happily offer concepts or assist someone in mapping.
(05-08-2012, 05:51 AM)Damascus Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty busy enough with my own custom story, but I've always wanted to try my hand at designing some surreal maps.

I probably won't be able to be a full-time mapper, but I could happily offer concepts or assist someone in mapping.
You know, I find it incredibly confusing that there's a "Damascus" and a "Damascus Rose" active on these forums.

I suggest a fight to the death. (You're my favorite Damascus, btw)
(05-07-2012, 04:23 PM)darkadders Wrote: [ -> ]id probably update the menu screen. i can see the end of the plane.

Do you mean to the top or to the left? Because at the top the path is supposed to be curving the right way again, and the left part has been edited c:

(05-07-2012, 04:52 PM)Acies Wrote: [ -> ]Inception inspired. If you plan on making maps look like that I suggest that you import the models into a modeling program, then export as one mesh. Then simply rotate the whole thing once you want to "walk up the wall" - cool yes! :>

I don't know how I'd go about doing that but I'll look it up; that's a good idea Big Grin

(05-08-2012, 05:51 AM)Damascus Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty busy enough with my own custom story, but I've always wanted to try my hand at designing some surreal maps.

That's fine, I'll take what I can get Wink It's more just ideas for maps that are really needed.
Pages: 1 2