Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: have a look.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
*incoming wall of opinion text.*

this really has to stop.. it really does..

have a look on the Custom Stories, TC's & Mods - Showcase front page. All you will see, are pewdiepie maps, troll maps, retarded no-effort jumpscare maps and pointless outcomes of someone trying to handle the level editor to a point where they could successfully develop a pile of shit. EXCEPT for 1 or two stories on there, the rest is just crap, in my opinion.

how about this. instead of making these ridiculous pointless jumpscare maps, you actually use this amazing tool which has been provided to you, with actually developing a GOOD, CUSTOM, STORY.... which actually MAKES SENCE! how about that, huh? no? too hard for you?

what you dont realise about your situation:

1. you get scared by amnesia, fine, thats the intention, but someday (were way past that day...) the things you were scared of before will not be as scary, so you'll crave for even scarier stuff (past that one too...), and even MORE scarier stuff after that.

2.we have hit a point in time, from when amnesia was released, until now, where jumpscares are the only satisfactory "scare hype" trend, so to speak. what you DONT realise, is that all these maps which you are creating; using 100 grunts and 200 brutes, 1000 naked pop-up teleporting naked guy scripts and such, is totaly ruining the absolute respect and dignity of this game. i cant even begin to imagine how the creators of amnesia must feel, seeing their tools, which were developed to give inspired modders a possibility to actually make a good horror story, similar to theirs, being used as tools of the cheapest of cheap scare creations, by individual users. *I AM NOT POINTING FINGERS AT ANYBODY, AT THIS POINT IN TIME, BUT YOU KNOW DAMN WELL WHO YOU ARE!*

i have seen the lot, i really have. opening closets, playing the exact same f***ing noise every time a naked flying jesus pops up.. hearing the same s**t all over again and again.. i really am fed up to the point where i could actually beat a pillow to death. this all has to STOP, SOON!

all i can see in this forum now, are mostly, totally retarded 14 year old brats who "TINKS AMNESHIAH ISH SHO FUUNYY LOOLOLOL" and 12 - 15 year old hardcore pewdiepie fanboys who cant keep their pants up whenever they see a so-called "stephano", "barrel", "chair", "pig" or "armor" in a map. (pew, this aint on you. 'preciate you makin a forum for these guys) and im really, REALLY SICK OF IT. ive seen nearly a thousand new so-called "companies" being made all around this forum, with only like 2 members. along with a million other "epix-lolol-gaming" channels, its just absolutely ridiculous, and it really kills me seeing a community, MEANT FOR ACTUAL MATURE PEOPLE, to be spoilt to these guys..

i really do not know what to do anymore, and knowing that our latest project had a terrible downfall, and the community just stands by, ACHING to jump over most of the assets whom were taken, it just makes me lose all respect for the forum members..

is anyone else feeling as hopeless as i am, after reading this?.. q__q
Support.
(05-06-2012, 02:09 AM)darkadders Wrote: [ -> ]*incoming wall of opinion text.*

this really has to stop.. it really does..

have a look on the Custom Stories, TC's & Mods - Showcase front page. All you will see, are pewdiepie maps, troll maps, retarded no-effort jumpscare maps and pointless outcomes of someone trying to handle the level editor to a point where they could successfully develop a pile of shit. EXCEPT for 1 or two stories on there, the rest is just crap, in my opinion.

how about this. instead of making these ridiculous pointless jumpscare maps, you actually use this amazing tool which has been provided to you, with actually developing a GOOD, CUSTOM, STORY.... which actually MAKES SENCE! how about that, huh? no? too hard for you?

what you dont realise about your situation:

1. you get scared by amnesia, fine, thats the intention, but someday (were way past that day...) the things you were scared of before will not be as scary, so you'll crave for even scarier stuff (past that one too...), and even MORE scarier stuff after that.

2.we have hit a point in time, from when amnesia was released, until now, where jumpscares are the only satisfactory "scare hype" trend, so to speak. what you DONT realise, is that all these maps which you are creating; using 100 grunts and 200 brutes, 1000 naked pop-up teleporting naked guy scripts and such, is totaly ruining the absolute respect and dignity of this game. i cant even begin to imagine how the creators of amnesia must feel, seeing their tools, which were developed to give inspired modders a possibility to actually make a good horror story, similar to theirs, being used as tools of the cheapest of cheap scare creations, by individual users. *I AM NOT POINTING FINGERS AT ANYBODY, AT THIS POINT IN TIME, BUT YOU KNOW DAMN WELL WHO YOU ARE!*

i have seen the lot, i really have. opening closets, playing the exact same f***ing noise every time a naked flying jesus pops up.. hearing the same s**t all over again and again.. i really am fed up to the point where i could actually beat a pillow to death. this all has to STOP, SOON!

all i can see in this forum now, are mostly, totally retarded 14 year old brats who "TINKS AMNESHIAH ISH SHO FUUNYY LOOLOLOL" and 12 - 15 year old hardcore pewdiepie fanboys who cant keep their pants up whenever they see a so-called "stephano", "barrel", "chair", "pig" or "armor" in a map. (pew, this aint on you. 'preciate you makin a forum for these guys) and im really, REALLY SICK OF IT. ive seen nearly a thousand new so-called "companies" being made all around this forum, with only like 2 members. along with a million other "epix-lolol-gaming" channels, its just absolutely ridiculous, and it really kills me seeing a community, MEANT FOR ACTUAL MATURE PEOPLE, to be spoilt to these guys..

i really do not know what to do anymore, and knowing that our latest project had a terrible downfall, and the community just stands by, ACHING to jump over most of the assets whom were taken, it just makes me lose all respect for the forum members..

is anyone else feeling as hopeless as i am, after reading this?.. q__q
^ this
Whenever I get the chance, I try to inform PDP fans that there is a PewDiePie forum at pewdiepie.net, and provide a link to it. It's positive segregation, and that's all I can do. (Well, give me a swedish phone-number and I'll call parents up and inform them of how social services look upon parents who expose their children to torture scenes.)

Second of all, it's simply faster to do a fast no-effort map, than spend months doing a proper story. That's partly why those maps are more numerous. (Partly it's also because of PDP, and partly because of children getting access to games they shouldn't have access to.)

Would you have time and resources, somebody could construct some sort of a rating site for Amnesia levels, that could also categorize the levels into atmospheric/jumpscare/comedy categories.
(05-06-2012, 02:09 AM)darkadders Wrote: [ -> ]*I AM NOT POINTING FINGERS AT ANYBODY, AT THIS POINT IN TIME, BUT YOU KNOW DAMN WELL WHO YOU ARE!*
Is it me? Oh, I really hope it isn't me.
(05-06-2012, 02:23 AM)triadtimes Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2012, 02:09 AM)darkadders Wrote: [ -> ]*I AM NOT POINTING FINGERS AT ANYBODY, AT THIS POINT IN TIME, BUT YOU KNOW DAMN WELL WHO YOU ARE!*
I think it's me.
(05-06-2012, 02:23 AM)kman Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2012, 02:23 AM)triadtimes Wrote: [ -> ]
I think it's me.
Oh it's totally Kman. Without a doubt.
(05-06-2012, 02:09 AM)darkadders Wrote: [ -> ]i really am fed up to the point where i could actually beat a pillow to death.

I can haz video of dis?
Sadly, I don't see any improvements to custom stories on the horizon. Even though there are numerous very helpful videos by accomplished CS creators (yourcomputer Big Grin), people don't care enough about themselves or their creations to actually learn. Honestly, you can't blame PDP, he never asked for people to make him crappy maps (for the record, I am definitely not a "bro"). I wish I had the resources when I started this hobby that newbies have available for them now.

Anyways, I'm taking a break from this for a bit, just had to re install windows, lost at least 50 hours of scripting, story creation and mapping. Not that it matters though, I'm sure anything I produce would be ignored while PDP's fan boys create maps with flying naked people, little golden statues and numerous barrels that get too many downloads/compliments for what they're actually worth.
I'm sorry, but I'm fairly certain that most of the people that make maps like that don't really understand the difference between being startled and being absolutely terrified.

Kids nowadays. Pfft. -grabs her walker and old-lady-cake-hat-
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5