Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: The mysterious warping vent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So early on in the Black Plague demo, I'm crawling along one of the vents and to my left there's a grating where you can see one of the infected (who I'm assuming is Gray). Anyway, moving a little further suddenly I'm warped back to a position just before the grating. At first I thought this was a stutter on my laptop, which wouldn't have surprised me due to my less than spectacular graphics chip. But I've read other people have same "problem".

Is it a problem (bug)? Or is this deliberate and if so, why?
Spoiler below!

////////////////////////////
//START PLAYER DEJA VU SPOOK
void EnterPlayerDeja(string asParent, string asChild)
{
StartScreenShake(0.1, 0,0.12,0.05);

PlayGuiSound("09_pitch", 0.6f);

TeleportPlayerToArea("doflick");

RemoveEntityCollideCallback("Enter","Player","eventplayerdeja");
}
//START PLAYER DEJA VU SPOOK
////////////////////////////

That's the script that does that. I think it was meant to distort the player a little bit.
there was a note that talked about this
The developers mentioned something about distorting the gamer's perception, so I'd bet this is definitely deliberate.
I always thought there were two vents where you can see this infected person. it never dawned on me that it'd be deja vu.
Thanks for the script WindexGlow. I wonder what other kinds of distortions the player will suffer in the full game.
Why do people keep thinking it's a bug? Isn't it obvious its a scary-thing?
read one of the texts it will be clear then Wink
or:
Spoiler below!
read the medical journal;
one of the symptoms of being infected is deja vu's
Heh remember the first video chat?

One of the symptoms is deja vu

Oh yeah, and another symptom is deja vu
Whoa, I swear I've read this topic before!
Pages: 1 2