Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Can't install Penumbra from GamersGate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I use vista... and I did not know when downloading the game that the installer from what I can see doesn't even support vista. Absolutely hilarious. Now I am sitting here digging through the internet trying to find a fix. This is what I get for buying a game online. Is anyone else having the same problems, or possibly can find a fix?
Please contact GamersGate at support@gamersgate.com
And wait 2 days before they get back to me giving me the run around with directions I already followed on their FAQ? I'll just resort to other methods.
I just saw someone else with the exact same problem. Syptoms:

When you try to install Penumbra: Black Plague

A DOS window pops up for about a second and goes away.

Thats it, nothing else. Trying to reinstall it now... I bet you everyone with vista is going to have this problem if you buy Black Plague from GamersGate.
[Image: ridiuclouserorrox8.jpg]
Thats the exact thing that happens to me, but we can get any help here. It's not the developers responsibility. I would think that its the publishers, paradox, but since a few days ago gamersgate recieved the rights to it. So I don't know. GamerGate doesn't seam to have a good complaint system. No forums. I suppose mabey Paradox could send us the files if we email them the order form that GamersGate emailed us, but probolly not. I guess we'll just have to wait.
Yeah the other guy is hopeless.

[Image: main_howitworks.png]

Isn't that picture hilarious? Ahahahaha....
lol, yeah. I think they might of left out a step.
Penumbra Wrote:lol, yeah. I think they might of left out a step.

Lmfao...so ridiculous...
So, by any chance were you the other person who voted it 5 stars before you played it, like me? Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4