Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: how to fix the lighting?!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think there's a problem with the lighting in my game, you don't need flash lights because you can see everything, but sometimes it'll suddenly get bright then becomes much darker, which I think is what the game should look like. How do I keep it that way?
On the left of the pic is what my game looks like and sometimes it becomes like in the right pic for a few seconds, how do I make it stay like in the right pic???
Try patch:
http://support.frictionalgames.com/entry/77/

If that does not work, try updating graphics card drivers.
Tried everything beforehand, I've uninstalled, updated, and also tried installing older versions of drivers but nothing seems to work. I already patched v1.03 btw. The light seems to become very bright when near items then slowly darkens into what the right pic looks like. It would be great if I can keep the lighting dark like that.
It looks like this when near items btw...
This is stupid question but what gamma are you using?
err.. the default one, 1.0
Try to put it as low as you can get and see how the game looks then.
It's not really a official way to fix the problem but maybe it changes at least to look more playable...

I don't know, but maybe you could also try to use the Pitch-Black mod for Overture and check that how it looks with it...

(08-14-2008, 12:38 PM)nackidno Wrote: [ -> ]I had boring this morning... So I made this mod for Overture as well.

Just unrar it into the redist\maps folder. Don't worry, I uploaded a backup folder too.Wink

Download!
Thanks, Ill try that mod thingie...
OK, tell us how it worked...
No change. I think it's probably a problem with shaders
I think(maybe this is only in black plague) that you can turn off so that the items don't flash when you are close. It seems as though the item flash is behaving strange so it makes the whole screen flash, try turning it off and see if that fixes it. It will be slightly harder to spot all the itmes, but not that much. I think the setting is located under game
Pages: 1 2