Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: similar games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I played the demo of Black plague: it made me buying The Penumbra Collection.

Really great games. I'm playing Black Plague at this moment. It's even better then Ouverture.

I really love the puzzles and I don't like just killing enemies with all sorts of weapens. And I love the horror-genre...

I was wondering if there are similar games like Penumbra?
Hi and welcome to the forums Ief! I strongly recommend you to check out this thread I made several months ago: http://frictionalgames.com/forum/showthr...p?tid=2289 Wink:
Call of Cthulu: Dark Corners of the Earth is probably pretty similar... very similar in fact, but I haven't played it. It got great scores from what I remember though.
Yeah, It's based on the novels of HP Lovecraft, like Penumbra.
@Kedjane: Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth is a great game until you get a gun - luckily, that takes a good while! After you get a gun, it turns more and more into a standard FPS. Still an okay game after that, but only the first 1/3 or so is really awesome. Wink It's based on The Shadow Over Innsmouth and some others I haven't read yet.
(04-29-2009, 04:41 PM)nackidno Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, It's based on the novels of HP Lovecraft, like Penumbra.
To be fair, while Dark Corners is really based on Lovecraft stories, while Penumbra is merely inspired Smile
Cthulu in general seems pretty interesting. I heard HP Lovecraft was locked in a basement most of his life and that's where from he drew his inspiration and such. Tried reading one of the books a few years ago but it was written in elderly swedish, next to unreadable... the laungage has changed a lot recently. Then I think I read something about a man with a green glowing penis... some unholy ritual. So I stopped reading.
Gotta try finding the game for PS2 sometime.
(04-30-2009, 02:35 PM)Kedjane Wrote: [ -> ]Cthulu in general seems pretty interesting. I heard HP Lovecraft was locked in a basement most of his life and that's where from he drew his inspiration and such. Tried reading one of the books a few years ago but it was written in elderly swedish, next to unreadable... the laungage has changed a lot recently.

Well, to be fair HP Lovecraft did write in sort-of elderly English, that´s probably why they translated it to elderly swedish. Big Grin:
(04-30-2009, 01:37 PM)Thomas Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2009, 04:41 PM)nackidno Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, It's based on the novels of HP Lovecraft, like Penumbra.
To be fair, while Dark Corners is really based on Lovecraft stories, while Penumbra is merely inspired Smile

Dodgy
I have heard great things about Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, but I don't know where to find it, it's not in any games shops I go to.. (I'm from Australia) maybe it would be on Ebay... or Direct 2 Drive?