Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: New Patch is HERE (Initial testing patch)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
EDIT//
Final patch available at: http://support.frictionalgames.com/entry/88/
//EDIT

Everyone,

I am working on a new build that should alleviate the rather odd launching problem everyone has been encountering. It also syncs up the build with all the fixes from the latest Windows hotfix build. (improving ATI compatibility, which doesn't seem to be affecting Mac users, but may in future OSX releases)

On the launching issues, the machine which consistently ran into the launching issue you have been seeing, has not encountered it since last night when I put the new build on the machine.. I'll be testing it every so often throughout the day Just to be sure while I prepare the DMG/Installation instructions.

Please watch this thread as I will be posting the patch in the next day or two.

Here is the initial Mac Patch. Currently it is a torrent hosted on my machine (I am adding a second seed on a faster connection right now).

Download it from http://support.frictionalgames.com/entry/88/

Thanks.

(Oh and any help in making the installation instructions clearer.. I'd be much appreciative. That is one of my Inkscape specials.. I'm a programmer, not an artist).
That's great news, many thanks Big Grin
Awesome! I'll finally get to play then! Smile
I downloaded the new patch and copied the files over, and now when I try to launch the game it says "The application Penumbra quit unexpectedly after it was relaunched." I am running a 2.33 c2d macbook pro 15", 3gb ram, 10.5.7, ati x1600. i was getting the other problems pre-patch with the game not launching. i tried removing it and reinstalling the game and then the patch, same thing. it seems to be looking for a file?

Process: Penumbra [410]
Path: /Applications/Penumbra Collection/Overture/Penumbra.app/Contents/MacOS/Penumbra
Identifier: com.frictionalgames.PenumbraOverture
Version: ??? (???)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [71]

Interval Since Last Report: 4202 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 2
Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 0 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 2

Date/Time: 2009-07-28 05:26:24.566 -0400
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.7 (9J61)
Report Version: 6
Anonymous UUID: AA2243F8-8F84-4C2A-80FB-45715227BC2F

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Library/Frameworks/Cg.framework/Cg
Referenced from: /Applications/Penumbra Collection/Overture/Penumbra.app/Contents/MacOS/Penumbra
Reason: image not found
My fault, didn't see urkel had updated his original post with a test version!
(07-28-2009, 10:36 AM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]There is no patch yet. so uninstall the game and reinstall a fresh copy from the dmg.

To make the game run, move the Overture/Peumbra.app, Black Plague/Black Plague.app & Black Plague/Requiem.app to the desktop and then back again to the game folder, you will then be able to start the game by double clicking on the .apps.

sorry i thought what was linked up there was the patch, since it downloads a file called collectionpatch.dmg. i'll use that method while i'm waiting. thanks!
Oops.... That's odd.. Let me re-check those binaries.. looks like the Cg framework didn't get copied in.
ok.. Looks like nvidia doesn't know how to package frameworks. their framework had bad library links.. I fixed them and have re-uploaded the torrent.. Please re-download it erikistired.
it's working good so far! thanks urkle!
(07-28-2009, 09:48 PM)erikistired Wrote: [ -> ]it's working good so far! thanks urkle!

True, this patch works perfectly.
Thanks Urkle for making mac users happy Big Grin
Yay! I can play!

Awesome game, btw.. Tons of fun so far.. Now to find that pesky morse code...
Pages: 1 2