Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: It just crashes!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I got the project to compile, but it just crashes.
I debugged it and it crashes on

> Penumbra.exe!BuildLogFilename(const std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > & asFilename="òÿ‹„ýÿÿÿ%¨‘i") Line 108 + 0x3b bytes C++

Which refers to

wstring BuildLogFilename ( const string& asFilename )
{
wstring wsName;
wstring wsTemp;
wsName = String2WString(asFilename);

in oal_loggerobject.cpp

it may be worth mentioning that the OAL_wrapper did not compile first time, I had to copy a load of files and set the includes to local.
(05-23-2010, 09:11 PM)alfie Wrote: [ -> ]I got the project to compile, but it just crashes.

> Penumbra.exe!BuildLogFilename(const std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > & asFilename="òÿ‹„ýÿÿÿ%¨‘i") Line 108 + 0x3b bytes C++

Which refers to

{
wstring wsName;
wstring wsTemp;

in oal_loggerobject.cpp

it may be worth mentioning that the OAL_wrapper did not compile first time, I had to copy a load of files and set the includes to local.

try adding WIN32 to the preprocessor defines for OALWrapper (its the preprocessor selection under C/C++ in the properties page, atleast thats where it is in vs 2010) and see if that fixes it any.
(05-23-2010, 09:11 PM)alfie Wrote: [ -> ]I got the project to compile, but it just crashes.

Which refers to

{
wstring wsName;
wstring wsTemp;

in oal_loggerobject.cpp

Copy all the source files and header files from OALWrapper into HPL1Engine, and compile it.
You shouldn't be copying includes anywhere!

HPL1Engine needs $(ProjectDir)..\OALWrapper\includes added to the include path and OALWrapper needs WIN32 added to the defines.
(05-24-2010, 05:08 PM)ricky Wrote: [ -> ]You shouldn't be copying includes anywhere!

HPL1Engine needs $(ProjectDir)..\OALWrapper\includes added to the include path and OALWrapper needs WIN32 added to the defines.

I included all header files and source files and removed the OALWrapper project completely...
Ok, it gets to loading, then crashes, but when I debug it says error couldn't load PointLight2D.
(05-24-2010, 08:40 PM)alfie Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, it gets to loading, then crashes, but when I debug it says error couldn't load PointLight2D.

Start the executable, then attach the debugger.
I can't, it goes fullscreen and wont let me view any other windows.
(05-24-2010, 08:49 PM)alfie Wrote: [ -> ]I can't, it goes fullscreen and wont let me view any other windows.

Display a messagebox in the entry function.
I believe it is on this line

cString::FloatStringToArray(&vRawData[0],pVecText->Value(),lSize * 3);

That the problem is

This is in the

static void LoadGeometryVec(TiXmlElement *apRootElem, tColladaGeometryVec *apColladaGeometryVec)
{

in MeshLoaderColladaLoader in HPL engine project.
OMG IT WORKS, THANKYOU RICKY26!!!!!
Pages: 1 2