Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Your plans when the Level Editor is released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Mine is to spend about 3 days (about 5hrs daily = 15hrs) to create a big abandoned mansion. The starting room would be an enormous dining room which is very dark, with the fireplace the only thing lit. The player starts with a half-full lantern. The dining room will have all the things you need to start the game with an advantage including :

5x those things you light candles with (forgot the name).
2x Oil cans
an important keys.

However those things will be hidden really well, and being in the starting room, the player wouldn't think there are such important things in the room.
I want to create big long corridors, kitchen, studies, bedrooms, underground places, dining rooms, etc

question : can we import objects to the editor? if so how?
Well, if i can use it, and learn it. I have thought about recreating some levels from Wolfenstein 3d. I have always tried to picture those levels in very dark and spooky like dungeons / levels. only thing needed is some really spooky german characters to roam the levels. and maybe you sneak instead of killing, through secret passenges and stuff Big Grin

But yeah the setting for game and the atmosphere. Spooky mansions haha that is also very awesome. I see alot of potential.
(09-09-2010, 02:34 AM)RMJ Wrote: [ -> ]Well, if i can use it, and learn it. I have thought about recreating some levels from Wolfenstein 3d. I have always tried to picture those levels in very dark and spooky like dungeons / levels. only thing needed is some really spooky german characters to roam the levels. and maybe you sneak instead of killing, through secret passenges and stuff Big Grin

But yeah the setting for game and the atmosphere. Spooky mansions haha that is also very awesome. I see alot of potential.

yes, lots of potential. The level editor will make amnesia replay ability much bigger. Also if we could import things into the editor, like some custom disturbing (real) paintings and use them in the game, that would be awesome.
@Amnesia, have you played Scratches? Lovecraftian horror game, much in fashion of Amnesia, except that, while really scary, it's not at all action packed. Anyway, most of the game is in a horrifying mansion; maybe you can draw inspiration from it.

And on a more general note, more people need to play Scratches.
(09-09-2010, 04:26 AM)bblaze Wrote: [ -> ]@Amnesia, have you played Scratches? Lovecraftian horror game, much in fashion of Amnesia, except that, while really scary, it's not at all action packed. Anyway, most of the game is in a horrifying mansion; maybe you can draw inspiration from it.

And on a more general note, more people need to play Scratches.

Speaking of Mansions what about RE1 for inspiration it might be able to be pulled off
@bblaze : I own scratches ^^ as I am a horror game fan myself, pretty good game but I want to build something similar to the "Winchester House" (a real haunted mansion). As the tagline of the house says, I want to create something "beautiful but bizarre" Smile

Google "The Winchester House"... you'll see Wink

EDIT :

some pics :

[Image: sm3iuu.jpg]

[Image: zv1m6g.jpg]
I'm also one of the few people who played Scratches. Finished it twice, actually. I have a thing for creepy mansions.

As for the Level Editor, I'm already looking forward to all the fanmade content. I might mess around with it myself, though I'll probably just leave it to people who are more talented at this sort of thing.

Also, I will eternally love the person who manages to recreate the mansion from Resident Evil 1.
(09-09-2010, 05:18 AM)Gare Wrote: [ -> ]I'm also one of the few people who played Scratches. Finished it twice, actually. I have a thing for creepy mansions.

As for the Level Editor, I'm already looking forward to all the fanmade content. I might mess around with it myself, though I'll probably just leave it to people who are more talented at this sort of thing.

Also, I will eternally love the person who manages to recreate the mansion from Resident Evil 1.

you mean this mansion right?

[Image: 97454.jpg]

I played it on the Playstation when I was little, too scared to finish it though Tongue

well the level editor seems pretty simple to use actually, I'm no expert myself but I will give it a try. When you create something you appreciate it more Smile you can always give it a try
First thing I'd do with the editor is create some outdoor environments.
RE1 as more of a survival horror would be great. but really did you have to pick that pic.
[Image: resident-evil-mansion.jpg]
Find it for Gamecube and play it on your Wii. Zero,one, and four are phenomonal on the NGC.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10