Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: My Amnesia Video Review
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ETidySEUZQ

Great job, Frictional. Thanks for making this game Smile
Good review, but it was kind of a spoiler in the beginning when you showed a monster up-close. One of the scariest things in Amnesia is when you dont know what the monsters look like.
(11-09-2010, 01:18 PM)Murloc Wrote: [ -> ]Good review, but it was kind of a spoiler in the beginning when you showed a monster up-close. One of the scariest things in Amnesia is when you dont know what the monsters look like.

That particular monster is impossible to not see. There are many other monster encounters, so I figured only one spoiler like that wouldn't hurt too much. Amnesia is a game that is impossible to show without spoiling something. I did try to keep all footage from no farther than the first quarter of the game. If reviews of Amnesia were nothing but video of walking through halls, people would think the game is boring.
Great Video review. I think it will be most valuable to new players or youtubers curious about the game.

I can see you have taken into consideration the huge difference between watching and playing this game and adapted your review accordingly. Good job.

I don't know if you have seen it amongst all the lets play vids, but there was one guy who put up a really good snippet of the morgue scene. It had what experienced players would call illogical play but it really emphasised to onlookers what the point of the game really was.

9/10 only because your voice is too relaxing and could be spookier.
really great vid, i really like the way you speak.
you take your time, but you're credible.