Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Frontcannon's Maps -- The Magic Rooms - Part 1 & 2 available!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
This is my little personal thread for my custom stories, I'll post updates and link to new parts here, so stay tuned!

The Magic Rooms

Progress
MAP 1 - DONE ~ 100%
MAP 2 - DONE ~ 100%
MAP 3 - Part 1 is built, puzzle scripting nearly completed, no scares 30%

For screens go here.

Story

You are anonymous, you have no identity. You were kidnapped by a German occultist and doctor who, while you were unconscious, infused you an experimental serum and then placed you in a prepared environment for you to experience the drug's mysterious effects..

Link: MediaFire
This is the first two parts in a .zip.
Nice, I especially liked what you did with the cage and the skulls.
i cannot wait to play Big Grin
Thanks for the kind words.

Map 1 should be ready very soon, as it's basically an introduction to the much larger Maps 2 & 3.
I will release Map 1 & 2 together as Map 1 is VERY short and started as an experiment.

I'm nearly done with Map 2, I just need to make it playable (hide some tinderboxes and stuff) and finish the last script.
I have so many scares built in I can't even test it without forgetting what I set up sometimes and thus scaring myself Sad
(12-12-2010, 03:58 PM)Frontcannon Wrote: [ -> ]I will release Map 1 & 2 together as Map 1 is VERY short and started as an experiment.

I'm nearly done with Map 2, I just need to make it playable (hide some tinderboxes and stuff) and finish the last script.
I have so many scares built in I can't even test it without forgetting what I set up sometimes and thus scaring myself Sad

Big Grin LOL Big Grin
(12-12-2010, 03:58 PM)Frontcannon Wrote: [ -> ]I will release Map 1 & 2 together as Map 1 is VERY short and started as an experiment.

Be careful with the scares, you don't want to overdo it. I really liked the screenshots!
(12-12-2010, 05:47 PM)Tenacious Wrote: [ -> ]Be careful with the scares, you don't want to overdo it. I really liked the screenshots!

Yeah, there are not so many how my post made it look like Big Grin
You just kinda lose track of everything if you check 'Does the music trigger right?', does this work or that and so on and then something scares you you completely forgot about D:
(12-12-2010, 07:12 PM)Frontcannon Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-12-2010, 05:47 PM)Tenacious Wrote: [ -> ]Be careful with the scares, you don't want to overdo it. I really liked the screenshots!

Yeah, there are not so many how my post made it look like Big Grin
You just kinda lose track of everything if you check 'Does the music trigger right?', does this work or that and so on and then something scares you you completely forgot about D:

That's totally understandable. I recently finished a map, but it's much to big for my liking (about 235 MB) and have started work on a smaller more manageable map. I can't tell you how many times I lost track of keys and puzzles - it boggles my mind!
Any ETA on the release? I love Amnesia but I've already finished all decent custom maps it seems.

How long is yours compared to say 'WAKE' or 'CANNIBALISM' ? Looking forward to a new Amnesia map to play & stream live on my own3d.tv stream.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5