Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: How to play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,
I've made a map using Map level editor,
When i try to load the map it loads black,
Also how to i create a spot for the level to end?
Also i can only see my map in one perspective? Have i done something terribly wrong?
(12-12-2010, 11:44 AM)Nihil Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys,
I've made a map using Map level editor,
When i try to load the map it loads black,
Also how to i create a spot for the level to end?
Also i can only see my map in one perspective? Have i done something terribly wrong?

Did you create a player start area?
Yes i did Smile i just place it yeah?
Well, that should work.
However, just to be safe, try giving it the name "start1" or something, then going into your "custom_story_settings.cfg" and change "StartPos=""" to "StartPos="start1"".

Also, maybe a very stupid question, did you place lights?
You might also want to try placing a box-light on the whole map, just to see if you spawn inside the actual part you built.
http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/start

Might wanna read 3 4 and 5.
Well, I hope he has gotten that far to actually read the wiki on how to start a custom story...
Hm yeah that still does not seem to work, The lighting idea did not work either, does my map have to be closed in?
(12-12-2010, 01:16 PM)Nihil Wrote: [ -> ]Hm yeah that still does not seem to work, The lighting idea did not work either, does my map have to be closed in?
it doesn't have to be, the game will allow it

even some levels in amnesia/penumbra are open, you jsut have to climb up and out Undecided