Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: An Incredible Idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
As some of you might know, many people decide to press tab or escape when something really scary just happened.

My idea for a story, is that in some parts you are unable to pause the game (Meaning tab and escape won't function in these areas). Is this possible?
Well, as far as I know, you can disable the inventory by
void SetInventoryDisabled(bool abX);

I don't know about the menu thou...
I don't think you can disable the 'escape' key. And why would you? Some players will click 'Esc' because they need to go for a second. Besides, if a player pauses because it's too scary, then you shouldn't force more on him, right?
Disabling the inventory whenever a servant is after you would be just perfect.
"Oh look at that, I have an monster chasing me..."
*Runs around the corner*
"Wait a second!" *hits tab to open inventory* "...now let's see the map... Sooooo, if I go this way..."

Tongue
My idea revolves around places such as gauntlet events (You have to dash through a maze because something is chasing you) because a friend of mine tends to pause the game simply because he's too frightened. Now, I don't want him to be a p***y and do that in my custom story. I want to force him to stay on the move untill he craps his pants.
Thanks for idea, by the way) It might just fit in on one of the levels of my current project...
(01-17-2011, 05:52 PM)Makiavel Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for idea, by the way) It might just fit in on one of the levels of my current project...

You're welcome to share. I would really want one, since it would fit perfectly on my map. Smile
Code:
SetInventoryDisabled(true);

That would disable the inventory. Don't know of a function for the escape button though...

PS: I agree, an incredible idea Big Grin
(01-17-2011, 05:15 PM)Scraper Wrote: [ -> ]"Oh look at that, I have an monster chasing me..."
*Runs around the corner*
"Wait a second!" *hits tab to open inventory* "...now let's see the map... Sooooo, if I go this way..."

Tongue

Uh... what map???
Pages: 1 2 3