Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: problems whit [MY] monsters :/ Sound evolved
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there can some help me? i am haveing problems whit makeing my new monsters use sounds that i maid myself.... i tried to copy the creature's .sent file a change it for use the new sounds.... but the monsters do not use this sounds... instead useing the original ones (exept for my super grunt... he uses the brutes sounds...not shore why :/) but then i thought it was because i made something wrong whit the sent files so i used model editor to my new brute use the original grunt's sound and he kept doing its original sound :/ can some one help?

(all my new sounds are in ogg)
you chould change the defined variables of the monster, in model editor.
(04-22-2011, 05:43 PM)nkmol Wrote: [ -> ]you chould change the defined variables of the monster, in model editor.

thats what i have been doing! and the results are in this post
Oh sorry :p
You could try to test the sound.ent in the the game, whith a little script. To see if the sound is working.
Btw which sound you want to change (search, attack sound, etc)
(04-22-2011, 11:31 PM)nkmol Wrote: [ -> ]Oh sorry :p
You could try to test the sound.ent in the the game, whith a little script. To see if the sound is working.

i was hopeing to do that to ALL sounds of the monster... but i started whit "notice" to see if it works... witch did not :/
(04-23-2011, 12:35 AM)Danarogon Wrote: [ -> ]

i was hopeing to do that to ALL sounds of the monster... but i started whit "notice" to see if it works... witch did not :/

well if I'm understanding what you just said correctly, it sounds like you're trying to apply sounds without dictating which sounds are applied where, if you understand what I mean there.

If you don't dictate what sounds are used for what then of course it won't work
(04-23-2011, 02:41 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-23-2011, 12:35 AM)Danarogon Wrote: [ -> ]

well if I'm understanding what you just said correctly, it sounds like you're trying to apply sounds without dictating which sounds are applied where, if you understand what I mean there.

If you don't dictate what sounds are used for what then of course it won't work

but i do think i did that :/ i have copied the "notice" .sent file... then i changed it to open the new sounds... then in model editor i changed my grunt to open the new .sent file and it did not work

if what you said was not this please explain a bit more :/
please explain detailed what you did in model editor, what exacly did you all change for the sound?
(04-23-2011, 05:32 PM)nkmol Wrote: [ -> ]please explain detailed what you did in model editor, what exacly did you all change for the sound?
i opened model editot... gone to settings/user diffined variables and at "noticesound" i changed it to open my new notice.sent... that is all i did in model editor :/
Do you mean .snt? It's supposed to be that.
Pages: 1 2