Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Needing a little help with cheating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hey there, I seem to have stumbled into a small problem when I try to cheat in Justine, because I can't delete the enemies from the game (I prefer that because I'm a nervous wreck as things are already), is it lying in a separate folder, or is it a deliberate part of the coding that I can't tinker with that to ensure that I actually amn't cheating ?
If you are already a nervous wreck then why are you playing the best horror game ever made?
the game is useless without them. Also, I don't think it would be polite to the devs if we said this trick here. Moreover I think it is fixed at the latest patch v1.2 so no need to bother...
Ignore the temptation to cheat, the game is far more rewarding if you push your way through the game

If you're not willing to do that, then you might as well uninstall Amnesia, I doubt anyone here will help you cheat
(05-21-2011, 06:49 AM)lars123456789 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there, I seem to have stumbled into a small problem when I try to cheat in Justine, because I can't delete the enemies from the game (I prefer that because I'm a nervous wreck as things are already), is it lying in a separate folder, or is it a deliberate part of the coding that I can't tinker with that to ensure that I actually amn't cheating ?

When game has loaded. Alt + Tab and rename the Suitor related folder/directory (\entities\ptest\enemy_suitor).
(05-22-2011, 07:45 PM)Clord Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-21-2011, 06:49 AM)lars123456789 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there, I seem to have stumbled into a small problem when I try to cheat in Justine, because I can't delete the enemies from the game (I prefer that because I'm a nervous wreck as things are already), is it lying in a separate folder, or is it a deliberate part of the coding that I can't tinker with that to ensure that I actually amn't cheating ?

When game has loaded. Alt + Tab and rename the Suitor related folder/directory (\entities\ptest\enemy_suitor).

(1) why are you helping him?

(2) does this even work?
(05-22-2011, 07:51 PM)Simpanra Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-22-2011, 07:45 PM)Clord Wrote: [ -> ]

(1) why are you helping him?

(2) does this even work?

yes it does work. Even the devs admitted that at their blog. But I do agree: why help him with something like that? Anyway...
Come on, it's not like he's asking for an aimbot in a FPS... Confused
To be honest removing the enemies wont make it any easier to handle,

This game is only 25% based on actually seeing the enemy, its a psychological thing
(05-22-2011, 08:41 PM)Simpanra Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest removing the enemies wont make it any easier to handle,

This game is only 25% based on actually seeing the enemy, its a psychological thing

It's psychological, yes, but only scary because there might be enemies somewhere. If you know that it is all just sounds and hallucinations, it's automatically not as scary.
Pages: 1 2 3 4