Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Making Player Walk (Please Help Me) The Labyrinth?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok, so i know a lot of people will say use the script function "MovePlayerForward" but i don't want to do that, some people still don't have justine and i want my map to work for all,

So, does anybody know an alternate way of making the player walk (this will only be for a few small snippets, similar to the intro to ATDD where it fades in and out, except i want the player to be walking when it fades in =)

I have seen something like this done in two other maps, though one of them was a beta test so i can't mention it, the other was in The Labyrinth =)

I really would like to know how to do this =)

Thank you ^_^

Edd,
Justine was released for everyone that bought Amnesia a few days ago, so the MovePlayerForward will work for everyone that downloads your story.

BTW, I really liked The Labyrinth. Smile
I know =) thank you, but still not everyone has it, and i want to ensure my map works for literally everyone, so thank you again, but i would much rather find an alternate way, and seeing as i know it is possible, i would really like to know how ^_^

Edd,
Not everyone??? Do you mean the people that didn't update to 1.2? Well, I guess their lose.
yeah =) but some peoples computers cant manage it, other people have troubles downloading, I just want to be universal ^_^
Oh. Never even thought of that Dx. Maybe check the Rainy Halls script file?? And see if you can find it...
You don't walk automatically in the rainy halls map =/ That is player controlled
There is a way! But it is not totally efficient, but with some workaround it may work depending on how good you can script. Note: It's not efficient at all.
(05-23-2011, 08:13 PM)Simpanra Wrote: [ -> ]You don't walk automatically in the rainy halls map =/ That is player controlled

Really? When I played it Daniel was moving by himself. I never set hand on my mouse or keyboard. Strange.
Really? how odd...i could swear i had to control him, and many walk throughs i have watched they just stood still cos they didn't know you could walk
Pages: 1 2 3