Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: The custom enemy that won't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey modders

So I have this problem with an enemy model I've made in 3DS max, and rigged with HumanIK in Maya, both the 2012 version. First of all, the enemy is lying down and is way too big when I open him in the ModelViewer, and when I open my version where he is rigged I just get the message "Modelview.exe has stopped responding".

What is my problem here, is it common?

Thanks
You should use OpenCollada plugin while exporting, not FBX_DAE, but OpenCollada doesn't have 2012 support yet.
(08-05-2011, 02:17 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: [ -> ]You should use OpenCollada plugin while exporting, not FBX_DAE, but OpenCollada doesn't have 2012 support yet.

Thats it. Damm, I guess I have to download the 2011 version then, good thing I am student and get it for free.
Also, Max is z-up, and the engine is Y-up, which is probably why he was lying down. And the units should be in meters.

When the modelview crashes, there's an error log named modelview.log, which should be in the main Amnesia directory. It'll list some errors at the bottom of the log whenever it crashes.
Can we haz screen? ():-)
So after re-rigging him in 2011 and exporting him with OpenCollada I still get the "stopped responding" message again. Also, sadly there is no log generated.
There should be. o.o

Do you have the modelview exe in the Amnesia directory?
(08-05-2011, 08:33 PM)MrBigzy Wrote: [ -> ]There should be. o.o

Do you have the modelview exe in the Amnesia directory?

I do.
Anyone who got an idea?
Model View produce modelview.log, try with another Amnesia file (which is working). Tell us if it works to create that log.
Pages: 1 2