Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
CUSTOM STORY - .map file issue!
Tiiwh Offline

Threads: 6
CUSTOM STORY - .map file issue!

Hello all lovely singing birds Cool

This might seem a bit "noobish" or stupid of me, but I actually (when I created the map for my custom story) forgot to create a .map file for my first level. The thing is I just started building and scripting with it in level editor/hps.file. But when I had a bit of a scripting issue and was going back and forth in different folders and hps.files to solve it I realised I don't have a .map file in the maps folder for my levels...I can still build and script the maps and when I open my level editor it can find all my files there (for example: "mainhall.map").

But I just might do this one into a full conversion and I can't do that without my maps in the folder! Obviously. I have tried to create the maps for them in the maps folder but when I enter it it's just a plain page with no codes or whatever in it. Which it should be since I have been doing a lot of stuff on it. It's just a blank page. Dodgy

Exclamation So, if there is anyone who know how to fix this issue please tell me.

Comment on this thread or write me a private message or email me at Tiiwh@live.se

Thanks. Sad

[Image: deaceaf76907.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2012, 12:13 AM by Tiiwh.)
02-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Find
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 26
RE: CUSTOM STORY - .map file issue!

(02-04-2012, 07:08 PM)Tiiwh Wrote: Hello all lovely singing birds Cool

This might seem a bit "noobish" or stupid of me, but I actually (when I created the map for my custom story) forgot to create a .map file for my first level. The thing is I just started building and scripting with it in level editor/hps.file. But when I had a bit of a scripting issue and was going back and forth in different folders and hps.files to solve it I realised I don't have a .map file in the maps folder for my levels...I can still build and script the maps and when I open my level editor it can find all my files there (for example: "mainhall.map").

But I just might do this one into a full conversion and I can't do that without my maps in the folder! Obviously. I have tried to create the maps for them in the maps folder but when I enter it it's just a plain page with no codes or whatever in it. Which it should be since I have been doing a lot of stuff on it. It's just a blank page. Dodgy

Exclamation So, if there is anyone who know how to fix this issue please tell me.

Comment on this thread or write me a private message or email me at Tiiwh@live.se

Thanks. Sad
If you can open the maps in the level editor and they are placed in the folder maps, then see if they are hidden ^^

02-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Find
Tiiwh Offline

How do I do that?

I tried to choose "show hidden folders" but no one came up!

D:

02-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Find
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 26

(02-04-2012, 07:43 PM)Tiiwh Wrote: How do I do that?

I tried to choose "show hidden folders" but no one came up!

D:
Hmm then they are not hidden, open the map in level editor and then put save as to see where the files are Smile

02-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Find
Tiiwh Offline

They are placed in "maps" folder Sad

02-04-2012, 10:12 PM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

^This, u might searching from wrong folder in the first place Smile. Save it on desktop for example and check if they appear there.

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
02-04-2012, 10:13 PM
Find
Tiiwh Offline

It showed there! Smile Should I just resave it in the mapfolder then?
Look it's weird, says that I have files already existing there, like when I go back to the "..." and where the custom_settings is, it says I have a map called "textures" but when i look at the map NOT from the level editor I don't. And I tried to delete my "maps" folder but when i was going to save my level again the map folder was still there...

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2012, 10:28 PM by Tiiwh.)
02-04-2012, 10:23 PM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

Hmm, okay. Anyway, try to make sure that your level editor is saving into correct place. Maybe you have 2 similar folders or something.

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
02-04-2012, 10:37 PM
Find
neverforgotn Offline

Threads: 2

(02-04-2012, 10:37 PM)Elven Wrote: Hmm, okay. Anyway, try to make sure that your level editor is saving into correct place. Maybe you have 2 similar folders or something.
I have this exact same problem. It says that the map is there in the editor but it won't show when I search for it. However it does appear on my desktop. Hidden files are being shown so I don't get this.

03-31-2012, 02:31 AM
Find