Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Amnesia Custom Story: Guide to Horror / Do's and Don't for Scaring Players
Miss Rigi Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Amnesia Custom Story: Guide to Horror / Do's and Don't for Scaring Players

(04-07-2012, 11:47 AM)flamez3 Wrote: Horror is mainly suspense, which can be easily done by a jumpscare. And I never said that the reasons they are stating are wrong (few exceptions). I am simply saying that their are too many of them. And they seem foolish/immature to keep saying them over and over.
Suspense is not done with the delivery of an action, it is done with the withholding of the action. Nervous anticipation is what suspense is. Clearly delivering a scare would not build suspension but dispel it, and only when it has been built up to thoroughly can a scare work effectively.

And, honestly, your own hypocrisy is making it very difficult to take you seriously.

Vos rapio meus spiritus absentis.
Voice Actress
04-07-2012, 04:39 PM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48

What hypocrisy.
And I'm assuming your saying the "
And they seem foolish/immature to keep saying them over and over."
(I'm guessing) How is that hypocrisy?

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2012, 02:04 AM by flamez3.)
04-08-2012, 02:02 AM
Find
Miss Rigi Offline

It's fairly clear how you seem to make a point of attacking threads that find any sort of fault with constantly pelting the player with jump scares. But when you go around and blame their brainstorming, analysis, and advice as complaining when you are the one doing so is painful to watch.

Voice Actress
04-08-2012, 02:55 AM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

...As I have said before... I do not disagree with the advice (as I said, some exceptions). I am not attacking them in the slightest, while I might curse here and there in some of the posts regarding these threads I'm not meaning to be violent, I'm just fed up with the people on this forum. No one can use the search bar, no one cares that their main point has been said close to 100 times. No one cares that even though they hate it, it won't change. The main point of these threads are irrelevant, the constant need to judge peoples CS's and make exhausting threads detailing points that have already been said is the problem.

04-08-2012, 03:04 AM
Find
Miss Rigi Offline

(04-08-2012, 03:04 AM)flamez3 Wrote: ...As I have said before... I do not disagree with the advice (as I said, some exceptions). I am not attacking them in the slightest, while I might curse here and there in some of the posts regarding these threads I'm not meaning to be violent, I'm just fed up with the people on this forum. No one can use the search bar, no one cares that their main point has been said close to 100 times. No one cares that even though they hate it, it won't change. The main point of these threads are irrelevant, the constant need to judge peoples CS's and make exhausting threads detailing points that have already been said is the problem.
"Brainstorming. Analysis. Advice."

The poster is not the one who chooses what light their text is to be read in.

Voice Actress
04-08-2012, 03:19 AM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Maybe so, but I corrected my mistake...c:

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2012, 05:39 AM by flamez3.)
04-08-2012, 03:42 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(04-08-2012, 03:04 AM)flamez3 Wrote: No one cares that even though they hate it, it won't change.
Well then you shouldn't expect these types of threads to die down either, if you're going to accept that jumpscare maps probably will never go away then you have to accept that these types of threads probably won't either. As long as the problem persists (or at least what many people think is a problem) then people are going to get aggravated and feel the need to vent their frustration over it.

Posting Freak
04-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Website Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

I don't see how someone would need to vent over someone making a jumpscare map c:

04-16-2012, 10:34 AM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

(04-16-2012, 10:34 AM)flamez3 Wrote: I don't see how someone would need to vent over someone making a jumpscare map c:
Simply put:
For the same reason that people make frustrated facepalms when they see other creators not making sense: It's the creator going "Derp!". As if that wasn't enough, the derp is often followed by a naked corpse penis to the face, so it's both an insult to rationality and dignity.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-16-2012, 11:35 AM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Pretty sure custom story map making isn't that serious. I don't think the creator of the custom story would go Derp!!!!, i think it's like "hmmm, let's make a cheap scare that will be a guaranteed scare".. You would not lose any rationality or dignity making a scare that people don't like. It's like sayin Activision stop making call of duty's....you think that's gonna stop them?

04-16-2012, 01:16 PM
Find