Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.85 Average
"The Attic" (Chapter 2) Custom Story
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37
RE: "The Attic" (Chapter 2) Custom Story

(04-22-2012, 09:19 PM)kurd Wrote:
(04-20-2012, 12:27 AM)JetlinerX Wrote: Not needed, and disrespectful. -1.
It's criticism.
If you didn't want people to judge your custom story, then put it on some site where you can turn of comments.

Also, "Fuck it, I'm out of here," ruined the professional feel the story had up until then.
"Better get out of here" would have sufficed.
One part where I complitely disagree...

Developers can make character say the fuck they want...

Think, you are in fucked up place, will you say: "I will get out of here"...

If he says "Fuck this shit, ima gonna get the fuck out of here!" -> thats more emotional and fits way better.

I cant imagine him saying in the middle of blooded place "Oh, I better get out of here!"... That would be emotionless.

Developers do what the fuck they want. If you dont like it, dont play it. You have right to say your opinion as you want, but you have no right to order them to do something Smile. For example, i got countless comments about Interrogation that death says too much epic and talks freely etc. I dont give a fuck, this is how death is, thats what person he is and i will continue making him same way. That is his personality.

I personally didn't like Chapter 2, could have been much better... But thats what I think and I hope chapter 3 will be much better. At least trailer mapping wasnt bad.

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
04-23-2012, 12:30 PM
Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10

Cry of fear has a lot of swearing and it is 100 times more professional than most custom stories combined [Image: joebiden.jpg]
04-23-2012, 01:15 PM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

Threads: 49

Being emotionally connected to the situation was my idea, and I received a lot of criticism from my assistant developer about saying "Fuck it." However, in the end, I felt that if I went into a run down cellar that stank and had a crap ton of dead guys in it, I'm not gona go:

[Image: 5047-nothing-to-do-here.jpg]

I'm gona get the fuck out of there!!!

Lead Developer of "The Attic"
~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

04-23-2012, 05:25 PM
Website Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

It's all about setting really, a modern custom story could use this surely. Something that is set with the same style of amnesia should probably not, after all I'm pretty certain ''fuck'' was not a word back then. I have not played this story so I have no idea what time it is set in, just keep what I said in mind ^^'
04-23-2012, 05:28 PM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

Threads: 49

I definitely agree in that aspect, however. ^

Lead Developer of "The Attic"
~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

04-23-2012, 07:54 PM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(04-23-2012, 01:15 PM)Arvuti Wrote: Cry of fear has a lot of swearing and it is 100 times more professional than most custom stories combined [Image: joebiden.jpg]

[Image: yow.gif]

I love that place.

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2012, 01:26 AM by Kman.)
04-24-2012, 01:26 AM
Website Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

//Off-Topic\\
Someone should redo Amensia the Dark Descent, and put Bleeps all over it since were on the topic of "Fuck it, peace bitches".
04-24-2012, 02:51 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

04-24-2012, 03:35 PM
Find
kurd Offline

Threads: 0

(04-23-2012, 12:30 PM)Elven Wrote:
(04-22-2012, 09:19 PM)kurd Wrote:
(04-20-2012, 12:27 AM)JetlinerX Wrote: Not needed, and disrespectful. -1.
It's criticism.
If you didn't want people to judge your custom story, then put it on some site where you can turn of comments.

Also, "Fuck it, I'm out of here," ruined the professional feel the story had up until then.
"Better get out of here" would have sufficed.
One part where I complitely disagree...

Developers can make character say the fuck they want...

Think, you are in fucked up place, will you say: "I will get out of here"...

If he says "Fuck this shit, ima gonna get the fuck out of here!" -> thats more emotional and fits way better.

I cant imagine him saying in the middle of blooded place "Oh, I better get out of here!"... That would be emotionless.

Developers do what the fuck they want. If you dont like it, dont play it. You have right to say your opinion as you want, but you have no right to order them to do something Smile. For example, i got countless comments about Interrogation that death says too much epic and talks freely etc. I dont give a fuck, this is how death is, thats what person he is and i will continue making him same way. That is his personality.

I personally didn't like Chapter 2, could have been much better... But thats what I think and I hope chapter 3 will be much better. At least trailer mapping wasnt bad.
Point out where I explicitly told him "You can't do this because I'm not allowing it."

I said that I enjoyed the story up until that point where I felt it was kind of out of place.

It's as if you skipped every other word of my previous comment.

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2012, 04:04 PM by kurd.)
04-24-2012, 03:47 PM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

Nice catch Smile

I did

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
04-24-2012, 10:52 PM