Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: What do you look forward to the most in Amnesia: A Machine for pigs

(05-30-2012, 12:40 AM)JenniferOrange Wrote: I said story!
I'm very interested and quite curious as to what they'll think up this time. I do like environment and atmosphere, but imo it's all wasted if you don't have a good storyline. I'm dying to know what machines and pigs has to do with Amnesia. And if you still get to be Daniel. (Don't tell me if you know)
You don't and it's not a secret. It's confirmed to be in a different setting with different characters.
05-30-2012, 01:19 AM
Find
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48
RE: [www.nextfrictionalgame.com] Amnesia Discussion

What i long for the most is outside environments! Getting tired of the same old castle/mansion areas.

05-30-2012, 10:12 AM
Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15

Too bad outside environments are difficult to make with HPL2. Only the most creative people can be successful at creating a realistic outside environment. HPL2 was never really meant for outside environments.

05-30-2012, 10:22 AM
Find
Mehis Offline

Threads: 10

(05-29-2012, 08:48 PM)Googolplex Wrote: This is so wrong.
When the monsters don't see you, it's not the bad KI.
It is because when they don't see you, you'll have the chance to hide and they can walking past to you.
When a monster is walking past to you, it is by far more scary instead of when it's killing you.
It's not scary when a monster is killing you, because you had no chance to hide! If a monster is walking next to you but without see you, then it will be horror.
What did a game do when a monster is killing you? Nothing, it's so killing the immersion only!
It's pulling you out of the game by loading a new savegame automatically.

So the best horror is when the KI of a monster is "bad" that it doesn't attack you, because to see the monster is the horror.

You shouldn't do tricks or acrobatic to escape. This would made an action game of Amnesia.
I really like the "bad" KI, it's the best way to feel horror when you see a monster.

If it's harder to escape, then the monster will kill you and the game break.

Amnesia did it right.
I didn't mean blind monster, I meant stupid AI. Old TDD fans will most likely go around and just run past them because they know AI is stupid. It's hard to make monster look scary when it's stupid. But the AI is fine as it is now. I just don't want 100% monster proof closets, or at least less obvious spots to hide in. Behind crates, carcasses and other objects. Where you could be seen.
It also brings a little bit more challenge. You might have to build your own hideout before monster breaks down a door! That would be scary and exciting...
05-30-2012, 11:52 AM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

(05-30-2012, 12:15 AM)Damascus Rose Wrote:
(05-29-2012, 11:12 AM)BrooksyFC Wrote: Yeah the intro part of the game where the doors open, wind blows the lights out and things moving, that's scary and just increases the atmosphere and the players fear.
Haha that scared the shit outta me the first time. But there's also some jumpscares like in the storage when you open the door and there's a grunt right there. But yeah, there are jumpscares in the game, they just don't really have the classic random loud ass noises.
Yeah storage is one of the scariest parts in the game I found, apart from the prison. I just prefer the suspense to build and build.

I'm most looking forward too what the monsters will look like *fingers crossed* it isn't pig men

Think A Little, Change A Lot
05-30-2012, 01:43 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

I'm very interested and quite curious as to what they'll think up this time. I do like environment and atmosphere, but imo it's all wasted if you don't have a good storyline. I'm dying to know what machines and pigs has to do with Amnesia. And if you still get to be Daniel. (Don't tell me if you know)

Sorry to disappoint you, man, but we don't play as Daniel. In fact it will be a quite distinct (in time) sequel, more like spin-off. But fear nor, the short story reprise at the official site is damn promising. I'm quite excited for it.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
05-30-2012, 03:53 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(05-30-2012, 10:22 AM)GrAVit Wrote: Too bad outside environments are difficult to make with HPL2. Only the most creative people can be successful at creating a realistic outside environment. HPL2 was never really meant for outside environments.

Remember who is working on the AMftP. Those guys quite skilled and experienced in outdoor environments.

Though, judging from the short description so far - most of the game time will be spent indoors, in the factory (?).

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2012, 04:44 PM by Kein.)
05-30-2012, 04:15 PM
Find
JenniferOrange Offline

Threads: 43

(05-30-2012, 03:53 PM)Kein Wrote:

Sorry to disappoint you, girl, but we don't play as Daniel. In fact it will be a quite distinct (in time) sequel, more like spin-off. But fear nor, the short story reprise at the official site is damn promising. I'm quite excited for it.
I heard some whos-e-whats-it about some new character.. it's just so hard to let go of Daniel. *cry* Just kidding. Variety is nice. :]

Ba-da bing, ba-da boom.
05-30-2012, 08:35 PM
Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15

On the jumpscare matter, I think you guys are completely forgetting about the iron maiden in the Choir.
That thing scared the living crap out of me, even when I was expecting it.

05-31-2012, 12:31 PM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

(05-31-2012, 12:31 PM)GrAVit Wrote: On the jumpscare matter, I think you guys are completely forgetting about the iron maiden in the Choir.
That thing scared the living crap out of me, even when I was expecting it.
Yeah this is what I mean, there are some jump scares, but they are placed in great moments, not happening all the time. Like that mod with the random spawning bodies, it just doesn't make any sense at all.

Think A Little, Change A Lot
06-01-2012, 09:05 AM
Find