Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Most disturbing areas/moments
NGW Offline

Threads: 13
Most disturbing areas/moments

So what, IYO, are the most disturbing places/sights/moments you've seen or experienced so far in the game? Remember to include spoiler tags if applicable.

For me it has to be in the Study, when you get to the
Spoiler below!
Animal torture chamber
was not something I was expecting at all, and the flashback there, the note, as well as just the environment and objects, all very disturbing and well done.

Then I used the
Spoiler below!
dog's head to break the window
and I felt better.

[Image: ngweyesigcopy.jpg]
09-09-2010, 01:30 AM
Find
MassacrMan Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Most disturbing areas/moments

Storage room by far is the most frightening to me so far.

Spoiler below!
I exploded the rubble and went downwards, lit some candles to save my lantern. I opened a door and HELLO there's a freaking monster in my face. I slammed it shut and ran over where you get the flashback of the girl trying to get out. Grabbed the two rods then hightailed it out of there, only until I had one of those mouthless horrors of a monster in my face again. I ran back the other way to hide behind some barrels and the second I turned around in my dark hiding spot he was literally 5 FEET FROM ME.

I litterally froze in terror in real life and exclaimed oh my god, he slashed me twice and somehow I managed to get out from behind the barrels and run all the way out of the storage room back to the entry hall, he managed to swipe me one more time right before i left Storage. Those guys are fast and terrifying, I am NEVER going back to storage.

Unless I have to...

Also can someone tell me about the girl you hear crying in Storage? Is it the monster just taunting you towards him, or is there actually a girl in there that needs help?

09-09-2010, 01:36 AM
Find
NGW Offline

Threads: 13

Yeah...pretty much just had the exact same experience (well, except I'm only up to the
Spoiler below!
grabbing the two rods and hiding behind a box
of it).

God my heart jumped when I opened that door X_X

[Image: ngweyesigcopy.jpg]
09-09-2010, 01:38 AM
Find
MassacrMan Offline

(09-09-2010, 01:38 AM)NGW Wrote: God my heart jumped when I opened that door X_X

God man me too, I didn't even hear anything either. I always make sure nothing is behind the door, so I creak it open and all I could think SHIT!
09-09-2010, 01:48 AM
Find
bblaze Offline

Threads: 5

Spoiler below!
Prison. I'm in the middle of it and stopped playing for now. Don't know if I'll play it any other way than windowed with Miley Cyrus playing in the background
09-09-2010, 01:48 AM
Find
MassacrMan Offline

(09-09-2010, 01:48 AM)bblaze Wrote:
Spoiler below!
Prison. I'm in the middle of it and stopped playing for now. Don't know if I'll play it any other way than windowed with Miley Cyrus playing in the background

I haven't even got to that part yet, how far after fixing and taking the elevator down is the Prison. Or is that all that's down there?

Spoiler below!
Also can you guys give me a bit of info about the crying girl in Storage?
09-09-2010, 01:49 AM
Find
bblaze Offline

Threads: 5

I realized that we just had that same conversation on the Steam forums. I'm rwfry.
09-09-2010, 01:54 AM
Find
lherrmann Offline

Threads: 0

One of the most disturbing moments for me was
Spoiler below!

when Daniel's sanity got really low and suddenly bugs started to crawl across the inside of the screen. And they were moving pretty realistically... I think I lost a part of my own sanity in this moment! Wink

09-09-2010, 02:01 AM
Find
RMJ Offline

Threads: 4

I think in general the most disturbing part of the game is

Spoiler below!

Definnitely the whole torture, when you listen, read and imagine that stuff, horrible and crazy stuff. That really sets the tone for the game to be very dark and brutal. and the pictures that illustrates it ouch.

09-09-2010, 02:31 AM
Find
penumbra 4ever Offline

Threads: 1

in storage room...

Sorry for my bad English
09-09-2010, 03:22 AM
Find