Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.18 Average
Belphegor [On hold - 2nd Demo out!] (Video is up!)
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60
RE: Belphegor [Preview]

Oh, I thought you simply weren't looking around good enough. While it was my fault. Bah. Yet another re-download. It should be ok now!

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

02-11-2011, 12:59 AM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

(02-11-2011, 12:59 AM)Acies Wrote: Oh, I thought you simply weren't looking around good enough. While it was my fault. Bah. Yet another re-download. It should be ok now!

nice, man.

post screenshot, where"s acid in the hammer"s room .
(i can play only at home, can"t at work Big Grin)

so where"s the grunts in the map?
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2011, 02:06 PM by Dark Knight.)
02-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Screenshot is up, as for grunts/enemies - you'll notice .. Smile

02-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Find
Sel Offline

Threads: 10

Uhhh

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3332789/Amnesia/...ot_000.jpg

Exploited your monster pretty easily.

Lighting leaves a lot to be desired, gonna just write up a thread on it so I don't have to keep saying the same thing over and over.

I'll just link to this for now.

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...l#pid55113

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure what's going on here, ok so we posion this dude, he drops a key. We go to his room and then my notebook just tells me to light the six lanterns in the hallway which seems more than a little, well, inexplicable. So I light two, a monster charges down the hallway and chases me into that room. I exploit him for a bit, and then just leave, while there's no indication until I die of what to do.

Then it just tells me.

Now the issue really is, that there's no reason to think hiding in a chest would be a good idea, and the monster spawns between me and the wine room.

Then I respawned at the start, but the door to my room was locked, so I just ended up quitting after that.
02-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

"Light the lamps" is the first quest aquired and mostly done to get some lighting in the hallway as well as to explore the area. As the monster charges at you, the lights are put out one by one - for the scary effect. (Perhaps I should force the player to light them before they may serve the wine.)

"So I light two, a monster charges down the hallway and chases me into that room. I exploit him for a bit, and then just leave, while there's no indication until I die of what to do."
Spoiler below!
I suppose, as the monster charged you that you have found the secret area behind the painting. When you read that note and pick up that key you recieve new information on where to go next in your mementos. Perhaps I have to add a hint to the player that they have recieved a memento if the inbuilt sound and icon in the bottom right corner isn't enough. If you didn't find that area, I'm sorry as the monster spawn was a bug.

The chest refers to the large chest in Herr Engelbreicht's room. As for respawning I'm sorry - read the middle of my first post.

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2011, 06:06 PM by Acies.)
02-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

(02-11-2011, 05:59 PM)Acies Wrote: "Light the lamps" is the first quest aquired and mostly done to get some lighting in the hallway as well as to explore the area. As the monster charges at you, the lights are put out one by one - for the scary effect. (Perhaps I should force the player to light them before they may serve the wine.)

The chest refers to the large chest in Herr Engelbreicht's room. As for respawning I'm sorry - read the middle of my first post.

damn, horrible atmosphere!
just download last fixed version of map.

ok man, just blow "up huh that shelf with candle and liquor.
what i should do in that room?
[Image: 112yop.th.jpg]

i have only hummer, thats all.

are there any lamp on map?

btw, that fucking grunt seems very fun and hard, he walks through dining hall to wine room and dont dissappear, only after reading magic words he gone.Shy
and if i die, i rise in the first my appartment, where"s no exit!
so for finishing the map i must be alive.

and any way to open that door?
[Image: 88815573.th.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2011, 09:44 PM by Dark Knight.)
02-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Oh, if you die --> Exit map --> Choose custom story --> Belphegor --> Load ---> Latest Autosave.

You are very close to it. Try to pull the carpet in that room Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2011, 09:49 PM by Acies.)
02-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

(02-11-2011, 09:46 PM)Acies Wrote: Oh, if you die --> Exit map --> Choose custom story --> Belphegor --> Load ---> Latest Autosave.

You are very close to it. Try to pull the carpet in that room Big Grin

nice !!

all i can say , the most scariest part - is the library, where i collect 3 parts for ritual, and suddenly walked fucking grunts, and then i jump over wall.
Spoiler below!

so i am dropped again in dining room, and there"s message on the top of the ladder:
[Image: endnc.th.jpg]

so this is the end or not?

anyway, still closed door at cellar
[Image: doorb.th.jpg]

cant open it too..

==============

and great idea with teleport, thats totally new hint! very good.
but some puzzles are killing my mind.Tongue
02-11-2011, 10:50 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Congratulations! You have finished what I've made so far. Next up is the area where the message is displayed. The door: I'm saving that door for the grande finale (making the player return to old areas). Ah, the library... I like that part Big Grin

02-11-2011, 11:00 PM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

hey bro, did you see movie "Belphegor"?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0214529/

but map is much better than movieBig Grin

btw , your story sometimes reminds me excelent books of H.P.Lovecraft, you can use its stories...
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2011, 11:34 PM by Dark Knight.)
02-11-2011, 11:31 PM
Find