Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which box art do you prefer
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
North American version
1.90%
2 1.90%
Old version
98.10%
103 98.10%
Total 105 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The North American box art is terrible
Unreal Offline

Threads: 9
RE: The North American box art is terrible

The new box art is AWFUL! Seriously, who the hell chose to put that as the official box art?? The monster, which should NOT be revealed on the freaking COVER looks like a DUCK. It's way too colorful. It makes the game look like a joke rather than the best horror game ever made. I can absolutely bet that this retail version will NOT sell well. Why? Because people will take one look at that, laugh, then never look again.

I honestly don't understand why it's getting a box this late anyway. The game has been out for like 8 months. It wouldn't sell much being that late anyway. More sales would have been gained porting it to the XBLA or PSN than a TERRIBLE retail PC copy. Retail PC games don't sell nowadays anyway Sad
02-16-2011, 10:22 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Actually, it will sell well.

02-16-2011, 10:30 PM
Website Find
Zoridium JackL Offline

Threads: 0

(02-16-2011, 10:22 PM)Unreal Wrote: The new box art is AWFUL! Seriously, who the hell chose to put that as the official box art?? The monster, which should NOT be revealed on the freaking COVER looks like a DUCK. It's way too colorful. It makes the game look like a joke rather than the best horror game ever made. I can absolutely bet that this retail version will NOT sell well. Why? Because people will take one look at that, laugh, then never look again.

I honestly don't understand why it's getting a box this late anyway. The game has been out for like 8 months. It wouldn't sell much being that late anyway. More sales would have been gained porting it to the XBLA or PSN than a TERRIBLE retail PC copy. Retail PC games don't sell nowadays anyway Sad

if they didn't sell then they wouldn't make them, so obviously they still sell well enough to make a profit.
02-16-2011, 10:49 PM
Find
December Rush Offline

Threads: 1

I bought a copy of the game a week or so ago (pre-ordered it off Amazon) and it came today :3 The cover is horrid removable, it's just a box over a blank DVD case. I finally got to see the ESRB rating for it, which is M for blood and gore, language, nudity, and violence. I found that a reasonable rating. I might post pictures later of the front and back of the case if anyone wants to see it.
02-16-2011, 10:58 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Please post them and screw our appetite.

02-16-2011, 11:13 PM
Website Find
Providence King Offline

I'm an American and I would never pick up this game if I saw it in the store with that box.
02-17-2011, 01:55 AM
Find
Protein214x Offline

Just made this post to say how terrible that boxart is. Screw THQ for ruining the boxart of one of the greatest horror games of all time. I will continue to support Frictional Games, but as for THQ? They're never getting my money ever again those lousy good-for-nothing pieces of @$#%.
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2011, 02:23 AM by Protein214x.)
02-17-2011, 02:19 AM
Find
December Rush Offline

(02-16-2011, 11:13 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Please post them and screw our appetite.

It's not like I'd post it to just 'screw your appetite'. Like most people I like to see a game's box art from all angles to read the content on it.
02-17-2011, 02:35 AM
Find
borsdy Away

Hello Frictional Games, why would you let this happen :( Did you guys not have a choice in it or something? You couldn't possibly be liking this retail art right?
02-17-2011, 04:02 AM
Website Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

If they said anything slanderous toward THQ it could be used against them by THQ or some really sensitive bitch THQ fan. So I'll speak for them: Jesus tittyfucking Christ we should have proposed a contract that allowed us to have our name on the front accompanied by our own box art.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
02-17-2011, 04:46 AM
Website Find