Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Project Detective (Cancelled)
theDARKW0LF Offline

Threads: 17
Project Detective (Cancelled)

[Image: azccxz.jpg]
This custom story is unfortunately cancelled and has been for a long time. Maybe I'll pick up efforts on getting this thing into A Machine for Pigs if I have the time.

You are a well-known detective who works on investigating cases in 1840's England. This story reveals the many dangers you encounter as you attempt to uncover the mysteries that surround each case. As you investigate, you start to uncover certain motifs that start to appear more and more in each successive case: there seems to be a connection between your cases and the paranormal. Just what will you uncover of the source of these nightmares and the unfortunate victims it has left behind?

Project Detective (name subject to change) is my second attempt at a custom story, and it focuses far more on exploration and investigation than thrills. However, don't think that there won't be any exciting moments, I will be building suspense through each case (mini-story) which should make the "thriller" moments all that much more exciting and, hopefully, scary! This custom story will have a plot, but not one in the sense that there's a definite beginning and end (save for the individual cases). I will be progressively expanding the story as time goes on, but will release a case or two at a time so it will operate in an almost episodic fashion (though this is subject to change).

I've been doing a good amount of work on this story and still have far to go. I'm nearly finished with a preview of a case that will be implemented into the story, but it won't necessarily be the first one you'd take on when you play the demo. This post is meant to whet your appetite for an investigative story involving mystery and intrigue. I'll update you guys as soon as possible as to when the preview is ready for players to try - I'm currently in the middle of my final weeks of university and am shortly going to be moving, so don't expect a playable demo for a few months.

That said, I hope you look forward to this custom story's case preview, with the demo following!

Check out my custom stories(1)(2)!
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2013, 03:02 AM by theDARKW0LF.)
04-11-2011, 09:35 PM
Find
Fomzo Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Project Detective (WIP - Release TBA)

Hahaha, another theDARKWOLF's custom story!!! CAAAAN'T WAIT!!!
04-11-2011, 09:38 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

is dat some custom static props i see there :o

[Image: signature-2.png]
04-11-2011, 09:51 PM
Find
DominusVita Offline

Threads: 4

I like the new direction with more investigative elements, LA Amnesia anyone? :p Looking forward to it Smile
04-11-2011, 10:12 PM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13

Sir... come on now.

You know I only have so many pants, and to make me change into ANOTHER pair today? Quite rude, good man, quite rude.

I can't wait man, this looks great. Big fan of your work. :]

04-11-2011, 10:13 PM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

Wow, it sounds great. I loved Black Forest castle and I like the idea of going around and exploring, finding clues and keys and solving puzzles. Wish you luck. Cheers!
(04-11-2011, 10:12 PM)DominusVita Wrote: I like the new direction with more investigative elements, LA Amnesia anyone? :p Looking forward to it Smile

LA noir reffernece ? Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2011, 11:34 AM by skypeskype.)
04-12-2011, 11:34 AM
Website Find
theDARKW0LF Offline

Thanks for you enthusiasm guys! Yeah, I'm working on some puzzles and certain methods the player needs to employ to get further into the case/map. I'm also working on how to involve the story of a particular case I'm working on into the map and also that which occurs as you explore it.

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2011, 06:38 AM by theDARKW0LF.)
04-13-2011, 06:24 AM
Find
DominusVita Offline

Threads: 4

Yeah, something along the lines of investigative gameplay makes for an interesting challenge for building custom stories. Best of luck. And yes, that was an LA Noire reference :p
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2011, 06:30 AM by DominusVita.)
04-13-2011, 06:29 AM
Find
theDARKW0LF Offline

(04-13-2011, 06:29 AM)DominusVita Wrote: Yeah, something along the lines of investigative gameplay makes for an interesting challenge for building custom stories. Best of luck. And yes, that was an LA Noire reference :p

Oh yeah, it's definitely a challenge as there's a lot of scripting that involves references to other objects and functions and so it can sometimes get a bit confusing... But I'm working on it!

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2011, 08:16 AM by theDARKW0LF.)
04-13-2011, 07:27 AM
Find
betafotball Offline

Threads: 1

I am so looking forward to this project. I can´t wait to play the demo.

My name is Legion, for we are many
05-02-2011, 04:18 PM
Find