Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First encounter with the Water Monster
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2
RE: First encounter with the Water Monster

The Water Monster is also scarier depending on how you open the partially submerged door.
02-17-2011, 04:19 AM
Find
LSunday Offline

Threads: 1

Yeah- I jumped in the water because the hand didn't appear when I went over them to see if I could move them. I was shitting myself. Especially because I failed at the throw, and dropped the body right behind me.
02-17-2011, 02:07 PM
Find
thepaleking Offline

I played the game without playing the demo, and had no idea of it's existence. Also I have a fear of water, and have always gotten really scared by water areas in video games. So that led to it being one of the scariest moments for me.
03-11-2011, 07:06 AM
Find
Nye Offline

Threads: 8

Scares me every single time Angel

03-11-2011, 11:53 PM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

Spoiler below!
maybe a tad tense at first, but was getting a tad annoyed by it later on. At some point, the monster was going crazy in the water, bloody little scene. it soon dawned on me that it was eating a body part. I got to the other side where you needed to turn that wheel to open the door. I managed to get a crate there so I could open it without getting hurt.
Once opened, I threw a body part far away, waited for him to start eating but maybe I went too fast.
It came after me, and I thought I'd be able to get to the door and proceed, like a "click on mouse to advance to next scene". I found out, that wasn't the case, and I had to make a dash back to safety before dying."
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2011, 02:18 AM by Linux.Blue.)
04-05-2011, 01:42 AM
Find
DemonGhoul Offline

I'm with you on this one, not really too scary at all.
Most of the time I got off legging it through the water as the it's easy to distract.
04-22-2011, 04:06 AM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

Quote:(especially since you can't see it and Daniel still goes mental looking at it)

He does? I don't recall that happening to Daniel when I was playing
04-22-2011, 06:18 AM
Website Find
Solarn Offline

Threads: 3

My encounter with the water monster was actually pretty easy, because I'm good enough at platforming that the only time I had to step in the water was at the first room with the lever and the chase at the end. Also, when I tried to put a box near the wheel I had to turn and missed, the water monster actually pushed the box where I needed it. Such a helpful horrible abomination from another world.
04-22-2011, 08:48 AM
Find
Dragslo Offline

Threads: 0

I didn't even know about the water monster until I saw splashing (first I was dumb enough to believe_I_ did the splashings!!)

The worst part about the waterpart is
Spoiler below!
When you turned the valve, because it doesn't seem to open enough to crouch to get away!
so I got stuck there and died twice, third time, I didn't even hear it, nor did I see it, so I ran peacefully out of the water....

If someone annoys you, you either know nothing about them or everything
04-26-2011, 03:36 AM
Website Find
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13

(04-22-2011, 06:18 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote:
Quote:(especially since you can't see it and Daniel still goes mental looking at it)

He does? I don't recall that happening to Daniel when I was playing

If the creature goes into attack mode it seems to affect your sanity while gazing at it. Otherwise, it doesn't really have an impact.
04-26-2011, 06:20 PM
Find