Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.18 Average
Belphegor [On hold - 2nd Demo out!] (Video is up!)
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60
RE: Belphegor [Wip - 2nd Demo out!] (Video requested)

Minor adjustments:
Made players able to solve the riddle of the painting by throwing a chair at it. Added information to pull the hand of kharkar (like a lever.)

For now I am putting this project on hold, as I am working on a short-story, which will be pretty awesome! It will be announced when I have made some more on it. I'll still answer any questions on this story, if there are any Smile

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2011, 11:03 PM by Acies.)
05-04-2011, 11:02 PM
Find
bobbo Offline

Threads: 1

Halp!
Spoiler below!
I'm stuck at the create-a-part-of-good map: I don't find a place to purify the water
Beside that: Great, great custom story with a really unique style!

I experienced only one problem:
Spoiler below!
At my first try in the library, after I collected the two sheets of paper at the very end, I just walked back and without warning something hit me down. i woke up in the entrance room to the telepathy ritual room, only that the entrance was caved in and the door behind me was locked. Only when I restarted the library scene I received the run, run-message and everything went normal.
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2011, 11:17 AM by bobbo.)
05-15-2011, 11:17 AM
Find
Karai16 Offline

Threads: 24

I can try and make the playthrough if you wish... It is going to take a while though, because I have finals coming up, and I don't know when I'll be able to play... Big Grin

Custom stories:
Her Games (100% Complete)
Her Games, All Bugs Fixed (100% Complete)
05-15-2011, 11:57 AM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

(05-15-2011, 11:17 AM)bobbo Wrote: Halp!
Spoiler below!
I'm stuck at the create-a-part-of-good map: I don't find a place to purify the water
Beside that: Great, great custom story with a really unique style!

I experienced only one problem:
Spoiler below!
At my first try in the library, after I collected the two sheets of paper at the very end, I just walked back and without warning something hit me down. i woke up in the entrance room to the telepathy ritual room, only that the entrance was caved in and the door behind me was locked. Only when I restarted the library scene I received the run, run-message and everything went normal.

Purification:
Spoiler below!

You purify the water right on the platform right outside the fog area.

Oh, of course! I will have too look into that. Haven't checkpointed that correctly, will add that Smile

Fun to see you playing my map and appreciating it!

05-17-2011, 02:10 AM
Find
RikeuAmeva Offline

Threads: 0

(04-14-2011, 11:35 PM)Acies Wrote: I personally think the brute has a scarier soundset and scarier music. Start out with some meekly grunts, then upgrade to the brutes!

Nothing is scarier than being up at 2AM and hearing a Brute's low howl as you open a door... =P

Great work so far, currently hiding in a nice safe corner in the Ritual of Mending area =p
05-17-2011, 07:10 AM
Find
bobbo Offline

(05-17-2011, 02:10 AM)Acies Wrote: Purification:
Spoiler below!

Thanks!
Spoiler below!
The message "You have to use a ritual site" had me thinking it had something to do with one specific ritual and I kept searching the three.

I hate to ask again, but now I'm stuck in the area...
Spoiler below!

...where you get after you have lightened the candle to complete the "teleport" ritual. In a side room there's a locked chest and a vertical tunnel with an unreachable ladder. At the other end of the map, upstairs, I opened a gate using a dagger and found another room with a teleport-ritual. However, it leads me to an empty room where I can't do anything.
05-17-2011, 09:34 AM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

(05-17-2011, 09:34 AM)bobbo Wrote:
(05-17-2011, 02:10 AM)Acies Wrote: Purification:
Spoiler below!

Thanks!
Spoiler below!
The message "You have to use a ritual site" had me thinking it had something to do with one specific ritual and I kept searching the three.

I hate to ask again, but now I'm stuck in the area...
Spoiler below!

...where you get after you have lightened the candle to complete the "teleport" ritual. In a side room there's a locked chest and a vertical tunnel with an unreachable ladder. At the other end of the map, upstairs, I opened a gate using a dagger and found another room with a teleport-ritual. However, it leads me to an empty room where I can't do anything.

Spoiler below!

In that empty room there is a marking on one of the walls - some sort of symbol. Walk through that wall and you will get to another room Smile

(05-17-2011, 07:10 AM)RikeuAmeva Wrote:
(04-14-2011, 11:35 PM)Acies Wrote: I personally think the brute has a scarier soundset and scarier music. Start out with some meekly grunts, then upgrade to the brutes!

Nothing is scarier than being up at 2AM and hearing a Brute's low howl as you open a door... =P

Great work so far, currently hiding in a nice safe corner in the Ritual of Mending area =p

Indeed! I get my amnesia playtime when it's dark. Adds to the experience Wink

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2011, 03:08 PM by Acies.)
05-17-2011, 03:04 PM
Find
bobbo Offline

Thanks again!
Spoiler below!
Lol, all I had done there was trying the blood on it for maybe another a ritual.Blush

I'm through now: I had posted before that I liked the unique setting. Now I would add...

Spoiler below!

...that the last brute breaking through the wall and hunting for you in the pig storage was just a great idea! On my first try I had gone too far into the direction when he broke through the wall and thought: Relax, he must be an illusion if he spawns that close. Well, he wasn't obviously. Smile

While my second problem with the "invisible" door was stupid, I really think there could be a little hint on what to do to purify the water - or did I just not find it? Anyways, it appeared a bit like trial and error to find a place the water.

Everything else was really great in my opinion, the looks and lightning of the maps, the scary moments, custom items for the inventory.

This doesn't have to do with the map itself, but I liked the line in the end, saying that the preview was over and to comment on the story on the forum. This eliminates worries not to have reached the real end and might encourage people to join here!
05-17-2011, 04:33 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

(05-17-2011, 04:33 PM)bobbo Wrote: Thanks again!
Spoiler below!
Lol, all I had done there was trying the blood on it for maybe another a ritual.Blush

I'm through now: I had posted before that I liked the unique setting. Now I would add...

Spoiler below!

...that the last brute breaking through the wall and hunting for you in the pig storage was just a great idea! On my first try I had gone too far into the direction when he broke through the wall and thought: Relax, he must be an illusion if he spawns that close. Well, he wasn't obviously. Smile

While my second problem with the "invisible" door was stupid, I really think there could be a little hint on what to do to purify the water - or did I just not find it? Anyways, it appeared a bit like trial and error to find a place the water.

Everything else was really great in my opinion, the looks and lightning of the maps, the scary moments, custom items for the inventory.

This doesn't have to do with the map itself, but I liked the line in the end, saying that the preview was over and to comment on the story on the forum. This eliminates worries not to have reached the real end and might encourage people to join here!

I've recieved good feedback/bug-fix-stuff from you Smile
1. Add checkpoint to library
2. Add hint on water ritual site
3. Add hint on room with secret wall

As for the scare:
Spoiler below!

A friend of mine actually came up with it. I wanted to make the player feel that the weird wall was "safe" - by allowing him to pass it several times before anything actually happened. I feel that innovative scares are important.

As for your comment on the unique setting & story, thanks. Positive feedback is always enjoyable as a mapmaker!

05-17-2011, 06:56 PM
Find
bobbo Offline

(05-17-2011, 06:56 PM)Acies Wrote: As for the scare:
Spoiler below!

A friend of mine actually came up with it. I wanted to make the player feel that the weird wall was "safe" - by allowing him to pass it several times before anything actually happened. I feel that innovative scares are important.

Spoiler below!

Also, because I was able to look through the hole I kept thinking that I would have to find a tool to break down the wall like in the beginning of Amnesia:TDD which adds even more to the secure feeling. So yes, your idea worked very well. Smile
05-17-2011, 07:08 PM
Find