Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.31 Average
The Electric Castle Demo
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21
RE: The Electric Castle Demo

(05-16-2011, 12:56 PM)Khyrpa Wrote:
(05-16-2011, 06:05 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: So what is the story, and can I play this without the justine expansion since it carries justine entities

The story is nothing so relevant so far, just listen to the intro and you'll be fine. And you can play without justine, it's just 1 empty room.

oh okay, I asked cause I didn't really understand, still don't, but I'll give it a good try
05-16-2011, 11:34 PM
Website Find
dragonlordsd Offline

Threads: 7

Awesome Demo Big Grin!!! Here's what I thought:

Spoiler below!
Music: Perfect. It transitioned perfectly, matched each area really well, and at no point did it seem to break with the flow of the level or seem out of place.

Voices: Really neat effects. Sound great, good voice acting.

Environment: Epic. Well done, nicely paced, the lighting is right on, and it combines well with all of the back ground features. It is notable that the background is pretty devoid of ornaments, but this in no way detracts from the actual experience.

Gameplay: A little slow at times. I felt more like I was watching a movie than playing a video game. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but I didn't feel like I, the player, was actually doing much throughout the entire thing.

Suggestions: It would be really neat if during the intro you had some other images flash in front of the player (I have no idea how you would do this, but if you could it would be really neat.) The glowing rocks are really neat and all, but the intro is so long, they kinda get redundant.

All in all, I think it was amazing and I hope you keep up the good work! Smile
05-17-2011, 11:07 PM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10

(05-17-2011, 11:07 PM)dragonlordsd Wrote: Voices: Really neat effects. Sound great, good voice acting.
Well I suppose it should be good if its done by an professional musician Peter Daltrey
05-18-2011, 02:23 PM
Find
dragonlordsd Offline

Threads: 7

Ohh... haha... I thought you were the one behind the voices.

Still, really cool!! Big Grin
05-18-2011, 06:02 PM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10

(05-18-2011, 06:02 PM)dragonlordsd Wrote: Ohh... haha... I thought you were the one behind the voices.

Ofc im not... The whole project was heavily influenced by the mastermind behind the epic album, that actually got me into the more "intellingent music". I'm just giving life to the actual great thing the composers intended. And I can't even fucking give enough credit and shit... feels bad man. Atleast after a heavy drinking night. Seriously ppl tell me if this project got you interested in ayreons work, coz it really deserves that
05-18-2011, 10:11 PM
Find
Azumikkel Offline

Threads: 0

(05-18-2011, 10:11 PM)Khyrpa Wrote:
(05-18-2011, 06:02 PM)dragonlordsd Wrote: Ohh... haha... I thought you were the one behind the voices.

Ofc im not... The whole project was heavily influenced by the mastermind behind the epic album, that actually got me into the more "intellingent music". I'm just giving life to the actual great thing the composers intended. And I can't even fucking give enough credit and shit... feels bad man. Atleast after a heavy drinking night. Seriously ppl tell me if this project got you interested in ayreons work, coz it really deserves that

You spelled 'intelligent' wrong.
05-30-2011, 10:09 PM
Find
Wonderbread Offline

Threads: 2

Oh my god, this map was absolutely amazing! Me and my friends played it last night, and it blew every other custom story out of the water. Please continue this, it was awesome.

Some parts we were a little confused, like the dungeon maze thing with the grunts, we had no idea where to go, we could not sprint (not sure if that was intended or not), and I don't see any way we could of made it out alive. We also died at the part with the long hallway with the doors on all sides, but I believe that has to do with my friends poor ability at controlling your "avatar".
The angel statue part was CRAZY, I loved it.

It did start out slow, the voice acting was a bit on the quiet side for us. I suggest trying to give the player a little bit more control like other people have been saying.

Anyways, please continue this, it is now my favorite custom story Smile
05-30-2011, 11:05 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

Very nice Wink keep going

listen to boards of canada
06-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Website Find
DarkEagle Offline

Threads: 3

Woot. Big Grin Great C.S. (Custom Story)

Some time's people aren't people!
In Developement:Dark Path 13%
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2011, 10:09 AM by DarkEagle.)
06-03-2011, 10:09 AM
Find
Unearthlybrutal Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 12

Nice custom storySmile

"Did you die in the second hallucination, in the foggy dungeon with 3grunts?
What happened with the angel statue? If you don't have justine it was just an empty room(apartfromthecoffin)
Did you die in the chase?
Was it thrilling?
Was the beginning too boring?
Did the effects desync at start?
Was it scary at any point?"

Yes, I died in the second hallucination.
Angel statue turned over.
I died in the chase (I ran towards the bruteBig Grin).
Aika ovela, täytyy myöntääSmile
Kolme mölliä juos kohti samaan aikaan eri suunnistaBig Grin

Nice work!

When Life No Longer Exists
Full-conversion mod
06-08-2011, 09:38 PM
Website Find