Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 25 Vote(s) - 3.64 Average
La Caza Full Release (And Custom Story Download)
bobbo Offline

Threads: 1
RE: La Caza Full Release (And Custom Story Download)

Nevermind, Elexyr, I played it again. For Xss and everyone who might get stuck in the same place, have the attached save game (just entered the library without exploring it, sorry there's no oil left in the lamp).

Two thoughts after playing through the beginning for a second time:

Spoiler below!

1st: On the map where you have to get the chisel by throwing down a rock the well-like hole on the upper floor, when I go down to get the chisel, a monster spawns down at the stairs. I wait a bit and it vanishes. Is this intended? I keep thinking the monster should spawn first, then I go up, throw down the rock onto the monster to kill it and save me - and coincidentally get the chisel by doing so.

2nd: Whenever a monster spawns in a scripted scary moment (for example when you pick up the blood for mixing the explosive or that one in the long corridor right before the library) and it kills me, when I respawn the monster won't spawn anymore and I can just go on. I'm not sure what to think: On the one hand it's good, because it prevents a potentially frustrating series of trys to find the right way out of the situation. On the other hand I also would like find the way to escape that the author actually had in mind but I can't because the situation won't happen anymore. What do you guys think and prefer?

edit: Finished, very very nice and probably the best custom story I played so far! Just three ideas to maybe make it perfect:

Spoiler below!

The lever "riddle" in the water-works can be tough if you slow down just a little. So when I was too slow several times in a row, this made me think that just pushing these three levers is not the solution. I thought I had to find a fourth one or something. Maybe a note with a hint that speed is important could help here.

I think you should really look at that area in the library where the player can get stuck. There are two tinderboxes there that people will want to pick up so it's likely to happen to a lot of players. If that's too much work, maybe you could create an autosave point when entering the library like in the beginning of the temple. Then people could at least reload at a close spot when they get stuck.

I had the heart/alter-problem, too. I jumped up to put the heart in that shaped place. To me, it would make more sense if this spot was the right one instead of the stand of the alter.

Attached Files
.rar   AutoSave_NULL_2011_5_12_11_31_4_0.rar (Size: 49.66 KB / Downloads: 108)
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2011, 04:39 PM by bobbo.)
05-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Find
Elexyr Offline

Threads: 0

(05-12-2011, 10:49 AM)bobbo Wrote: Nevermind, Elexyr, I played it again.

Good, cause I just checked the forum again now :p
05-12-2011, 04:41 PM
Find
Lustikurre Offline

Excellent Custom story!
Overall this story is really well made and I would recommend for everyone to give it a go.

The only thing I found funny instead of spooky was the mail read by a girl or a child. Couldn't hear what it was Tongue. Anyway the person who read it giggled a lot and they removed all the immersion from that note.

The rest was really sweet! Thank your for this one!
05-13-2011, 08:38 PM
Find
Russ Money Offline

Threads: 25

(05-13-2011, 08:38 PM)Lustikurre Wrote: Excellent Custom story!
Overall this story is really well made and I would recommend for everyone to give it a go.

The only thing I found funny instead of spooky was the mail read by a girl or a child. Couldn't hear what it was Tongue. Anyway the person who read it giggled a lot and they removed all the immersion from that note.

The rest was really sweet! Thank your for this one!

Yeah, she was going for a "going insane" feel for it. Worked for some, some didn't.

05-13-2011, 08:39 PM
Find
MooseTheScared Offline

I'm stuck and I need help.

Spoiler below!

I've found the hammer in the water works, but as far as I understand I also need the chipper to combine it with the hammer. Is it correct? Because I cannot find chipper neither in the water works nor in the dining hall.

05-15-2011, 06:04 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Spoiler below!
Use the hammer on one of the door's lock. It's pixel hunting though.

05-15-2011, 06:14 PM
Website Find
MooseTheScared Offline

Thanks!

Spoiler below!

I didn't see the lock itself in the first place Smile

05-15-2011, 06:20 PM
Find
Russ Money Offline

Threads: 25

Updated some of the maps with some more lights, oil and new skybox.

Also fixed the library bug.

Update will be available here once it's approved: http://www.moddb.com/mods/la-caza/downloads

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2011, 11:26 PM by Russ Money.)
05-23-2011, 11:26 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

One more shot for us then Smile

05-24-2011, 01:57 PM
Website Find
Tenno Offline

Russ Money I tip my hat off to you because you have created a very memorable custom story. The atmosphere and the longevity was great, my only complaint is that during one of the audio notes the voice actor started laughing Undecided (or at least I think they were) that really broke the suspense of the note. Other than that everything was pretty much perfect, a very solid conversion and an engrossing experience.

Hope to see more future projects from you. Big Grin

[Image: 29069he.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2011, 08:00 AM by Tenno.)
05-25-2011, 07:59 AM
Find