Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
The sins we hide [Release]
Kraggdog Offline

Threads: 12
Photo  The sins we hide [Release]

I'm pleased to announce that my first custom story "The sins we hide" is now available for download.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qtaaopd8o4zhi57

Installation instructions are included for first timers, there is also a custom sound track included so this needs to be placed in the music folder (readme does mention this).

I Hope you enjoy the story and I appreciate any feedback you might have.

There is also an easter egg. It's related to one of my favourite youtube amnesia videos Tongue

Kragg

P.S Please make sure you have an up to date version of Amnesia, this custom story has some assets from Justine.

P.S I'm also very interested to see any "lets play" videos so feel free Smile

Attached Files
.jpg   2011-06-01_00005.jpg (Size: 314.97 KB / Downloads: 324)
.jpg   2011-06-01_00002.jpg (Size: 298.73 KB / Downloads: 294)
.jpg   story.jpg (Size: 183.18 KB / Downloads: 274)
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2011, 11:37 AM by Kraggdog.)
05-31-2011, 11:30 PM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36
RE: The sins we hide [Release]

Going to try it right now. I'll tell you how it was when I'm done. Smile

Edit: Perhaps try to upload it on mediafire? It won't let me because file limit was reached. :[

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2011, 11:43 PM by Kyle.)
05-31-2011, 11:41 PM
Find
Kraggdog Offline

Thanks, I've uploaded it to mediafire too Smile
05-31-2011, 11:57 PM
Find
Kraggdog Offline

"I decided against screenshots. I'd rather everything be taken in for the first time as it comes Smile" Meh, I threw a few in anyway Tongue
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2011, 07:21 PM by Kraggdog.)
06-01-2011, 07:57 AM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

nice news, try it at evening after hard work Tongue
06-01-2011, 08:06 AM
Find
bobbo Offline

Threads: 1

Great so far! Just one question:

Spoiler below!
In that dungeon with the red fog, am I supposed to break the lock at the gate door with the combined hammer and chipper? Because that doesn't work for me. Just wanted to make sure that it's not a bug.
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2011, 10:21 AM by bobbo.)
06-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Find
Kraggdog Offline

(06-01-2011, 10:21 AM)bobbo Wrote: Great so far! Just one question:

Spoiler below!
In that dungeon with the red fog, am I supposed to break the lock at the gate door with the combined hammer and chipper? Because that doesn't work for me. Just wanted to make sure that it's not a bug.

I'm afraid not, but heres a clue:

Spoiler below!
A lot of the temple has caved in and you need to find a way around one of the rock piles. If you look through each room near a cave in.. you will find what to do with the tools Smile
06-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Find
bobbo Offline

Threads: 1

(06-01-2011, 10:32 AM)Kraggdog Wrote: I'm afraid not, but heres a clue:

Ah, thanks a lot! I'm done now. Unfortunately I hadn't made notes for detailed feedback in the beginning because I had thought it would be a lot shorter due to the small size. Confused

Spoiler below!

I really liked that there was no monster in the beginning, this created some tension. The hiding places for the keys were well chosen!

The water part was really great, again it helped to create tension that the monster wasn't in there from the beginning. The need to find that huge wood piece in the next part was a nice idea, too!

And of course I liked the idea to switch to another realm via the orb.

Again, sorry that I cannot go into more detail now because I didn't make notes. I'll see if I can replay it some time to say more.

There was one huge negative thing though: the darkness. It was just too dark in my opinion. Maybe the intention was to make the maps scary by this, but to me it made them a bit frustrating because I had to move so slowly and carefully to search the rooms properly.

The task to use the hammer & chipper on that wall was not clear to me. I can't remember now if there was a hand symbol coming up when looking at the wall, probably I should have seen that. If more players find this bit too unclear maybe you could add a hint somewhere.

I had one problem with the wheels behind that wall. On my first try I turned each wheel from left to right - nothing happened and the wheels were stuck. I left the whole map and reentered. I found the wheels were "unturned" again. This time I turned the middle one first by chance and got the "you moved on, receive sanity" effect. So I was supposed to turn the middle wheel first? Was there a hint for this that I missed? And if this is the right way why couldn't I try again but had to leave the map?

It's a pity the lever machine and the locked door in the temple have no use now, I'm not sure: Should there be messages saying that these don't have a purpose?

All together: Great story with very nice ideas, hope to see more! Smile
06-01-2011, 11:29 AM
Find
Kraggdog Offline

Spoiler below!
It's a pity the lever machine and the locked door in the temple have no use now, I'm not sure: Should there be messages saying that these don't have a purpose?

I see what has happened here...

Spoiler below!
The objective at the end is to complete the final orb to have any chance of returning Michael and Rebecca to normal. The last note has a clue scrawled at the top UDDU, this is the lever combination. For the final event, you need to turn the valves and also activate the motor using the levers. However, if you restart the map... then in the cache.. it has still kept the number of "completed puzzles" the same. So if you just turn a valve.. restart.. turn a valve etc 4 times.. then the final event is triggered.

I guess this is a cheat and i'll have to change the way it is scripted to avoid that happening again. I'm glad you came across this... now I need to know how to refresh the map when someone dies or restarts it.

06-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Find
Tenno Offline

Threads: 0

Fantastic custom story! Big Grin
The hiding spots for some of the keys were very original and I loved the atmosphere in each area, everything was spot on, absolutely terrifying. The story was intriguing and unique and the orb system was brilliant. To be honest I wasn't expecting a story as polished or scary as this was, great work. The ending was a major cliffhanger, can't wait to play more Tongue

[Image: 29069he.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2011, 01:29 PM by Tenno.)
06-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Find