Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
My problems - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+---- Forum: Development Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-39.html)
+---- Thread: My problems (/thread-18769.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: My problems - FlawlessHappiness - 10-30-2012

And you should use: AddPropForce, since it's a prop

RE: My problems - The chaser - 10-30-2012

(10-30-2012, 01:06 PM)beecake Wrote: And you should use: AddPropForce, since it's a prop
AddPropForce would push the whole cabinet. Since we only want to push the doors, naseem should only push the body doors.

RE: My problems - FlawlessHappiness - 10-30-2012

Oh, i didn't know that! Nice!

RE: My problems - The chaser - 10-30-2012

(10-30-2012, 01:11 PM)The chaser Wrote:
(10-30-2012, 01:06 PM)beecake Wrote: And you should use: AddPropForce, since it's a prop
AddPropForce would push the whole cabinet. Since we only want to push the doors, naseem should only push the body doors.
I SAID IT WRONG! A cabinet is a swing door, it isn't movable. So, it wouldn't push the cabinet, it would simply do nothing.
Anyway, that gave me some ideas... Angel that, as a modeller, I can do.

RE: My problems - naseem142 - 11-04-2012

How do i make particles "go off' like:
SetEntityActive("Something", false);

But the particle doesn't go off when i use the script above.

EDIT: Oh wait
Lol sorry Sleepy

DestroyParticleSystem(string& asName); ,

I need help with another thing..
I have put in-game an item ( Place on floor -takeable) and re-sized it to look like another item and put another name.
But when it is in my inventory i want to look like i want not and not like it's real shape.

Lol i hope you understood me :|

RE: My problems - The chaser - 11-04-2012

(11-04-2012, 01:33 PM)naseem142 Wrote: I need help with another thing..
I have put in-game an item ( Place on floor -takeable) and re-sized it to look like another item and put another name.
But when it is in my inventory i want to look like i want not and not like it's real shape.

Explain yourself better, please Smile

RE: My problems - johnbox - 11-04-2012

(11-04-2012, 01:48 PM)The chaser Wrote:

Explain yourself better, please Smile
I think... he put an takeable item (pen) in the game, which now looks like another item (pencil :3) [thanks to resizing?]. If he now takes the pen, he wants to have the pencil in his inventory?

edit:
I see i wrote just more confusing/wrong/stupid stuff.

Sir, maybe you should rly explain it again... ^^

RE: My problems - Kreekakon - 11-04-2012

Open the .ent file of the item in the Model Editor, and open the User Defined Variables tab. Under there, you should be able to see a entry which says ImageFile. Change it to suit your liking, and when you pick up the new .ent/item, you'll see the new image in your inventory.

(11-04-2012, 02:05 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:

Open the .ent file of the item in the Model Editor, and open the User Defined Variables tab. Under there, you should be able to see a entry which says ImageFile. Change it to suit your liking, and when you pick up the new .ent/item, you'll see the new image in your inventory.
Thank you for understanding , Big Grin
But if someone else installed my map , will the icon be the same? or the new one i put?