Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
How to install custom stories? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-57.html)
+--- Forum: Technical Support - Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-31.html)
+--- Thread: How to install custom stories? (/thread-8932.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: How to install custom stories? - Xanthara - 07-14-2011

Thanks. I'll try another story and post an update. I remember commenting on the creator's Youtube video but not much help came from that. :I

RE: How to install custom stories? - plutomaniac - 07-14-2011

(07-14-2011, 09:26 AM)Xanthara Wrote: Thanks. I'll try another story and post an update. I remember commenting on the creator's Youtube video but not much help came from that. :I

doesn't he/she have a topic here or at moddb?

RE: How to install custom stories? - zeravia - 07-18-2011

i put my custom story in the folder but can't play it because i don't even know what apple script is... a little help?

RE: How to install custom stories? - Tanshaydar - 07-18-2011

What is your OS (Operating System)? And which version of Amnesia have you installed?

(07-18-2011, 06:09 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: What is your OS (Operating System)? And which version of Amnesia have you installed?

windows XD and i think i have the retail version...

Why did you think it tells you to create an apple script, did you actually read what it says in read me?

Spoiler below!
Windows Installation:
==========================================
Drag everything in this folder to your main Amnesia directory.

1.) For Steam users, this is Steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark descent
2.) For Retail buyers of the game, these files go in your "redist" folder (NOT custom_stories)
3.) To launch the game, open Through the Portal.bat. (This is simply an executable which launches Amnesia.exe with a different configuration)

(07-18-2011, 06:26 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Why did you think it tells you to create an apple script, did you actually read what it says in read me?

Spoiler below!
Windows Installation:
==========================================
Drag everything in this folder to your main Amnesia directory.

1.) For Steam users, this is Steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark descent
2.) For Retail buyers of the game, these files go in your "redist" folder (NOT custom_stories)
3.) To launch the game, open Through the Portal.bat. (This is simply an executable which launches Amnesia.exe with a different configuration)

ok wait...i read it wrong... but i still can't get it to run. i double click on on the .bat and nothing happeneds.. a black msdos window opends and closes really fast and then i go into the game but my story is not there...

.bat and Amnesia.exe should be in same place. Do not forget TTP is a full conversion, not a custom story, so do not extract it to custom_stories folder. Extract it to the redist folder.

(07-18-2011, 08:41 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: .bat and Amnesia.exe should be in same place. Do not forget TTP is a full conversion, not a custom story, so do not extract it to custom_stories folder. Extract it to the redist folder.

so wait...i take all the folders out of the TTP and put them in the actual redist folder,? they came in their own folder...

Think it like an upgrade or such. It's a total conversion, not a custom story.