Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Reason for locking showcase? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-35.html)
+--- Thread: Reason for locking showcase? (/thread-10852.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Reason for locking showcase? - Gamemakingdude - 10-19-2011

Why is showcase locked? I think its easier for people to use the forums and find the mods here. Not to mention its easier to reply back to people using forums.

RE: Reason for locking showcase? - Brute - 10-19-2011

I found this stupid, too. Sure, it is way more organize, when you post your projects on ModB Page, but we should have the oppertunity to do this here! And the new sub forums are a little unplanned too, because all there contents, were discuss in the Main Forum... Confused

RE: Reason for locking showcase? - Gamemakingdude - 10-19-2011

I think jens or the administrators should have asked us first before doing it. This is very pointless. Forums are one of the best ways to get feedback on an story, not to mention there's more of the other modders here rather than on moddb. I honestly think the showcase should stay unlocked.

RE: Reason for locking showcase? - Brute - 10-19-2011

My thoughts exactly! Sleepy

And to further add, what are they gonna do with all the custom stories that are in that thread? Just close them and not let other people reply to them? If this happens, this is gonna make a lot of people upset and possibly angry.

RE: Reason for locking showcase? - jens - 10-19-2011

You can discuss your stories in development discussion, it's essentially the same thing as showcase.

The showcase does not work as it is a mess of things in it and it gets worse by every day that passes. The forum is locked for new postings, but you can perfectly fine access the forum and see what was made. You can take the content and post it to MODDB or to post it in a new forum category if appropriate.

If you spend time making something, you should spend time making sure people can try it out as well. Posting a single thread, that very soon gets bumped down and lost forever is such a waste.

Things are not lost, they are still there, at least give the change a chance and don't complain about it within one minute after it being made, only wanting things to be exactly as they were.

But still, that would just defeat the purpose of the search. I really honestly think it should still be unlocked. I am leaving this poll open and this topic open and we will see how many agree with you and how many disagree with me.

I honestly think it should remain open.

RE: Reason for locking showcase? - Your Computer - 10-19-2011

If the reason why it was closed is because it was a mess, then what's going to happen to the CS&M forum when it becomes a mess? Any mess from the Showcase forum is bound to be replicated in the CS&M forum.

RE: Reason for locking showcase? - Tanshaydar - 10-19-2011

This is my very own opinion. Showcase became a huge wasteland.
ModDB has a wonderful system to show off your work. Actually, it is a system just to show off your work.

You got questions? Need help? Need testers? Development Forum is there, it is there for this reason.

I was telling people to open their ModDB page for, like what? 6 Months? Nobody cared at first, but idea became more and more dominant because it is the right thing to do.

Honestly, i think posting in here is bound to get more views than most likely on moddb, since this is the main forum for amensia and more people will find custom stories here easiler