Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[WIP] Amnesia Custom Story: Mystery - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: [WIP] Amnesia Custom Story: Mystery (/thread-10960.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Amnesia Custom Story: Mystery - flamez3 - 10-24-2011

MYSTERY

This custom story came about while I was working on my other custom story (which is discontinued).

STORY
You find yourself in a morgue....Who put you here? I know it's kind of vague, but once you play the custom story you'll understand sooner or later.

This story doesn't have many voice actors (if any) so I made cinematic cut scenes to tell the story.

I have finished:
MAP 1
MAP 2
MAP 3
MAP 4
MAP 5

I need to polish things up a bit.... and add checkpoints in places.... And finish the ending... No pics as to not spoil anythingBig Grin

RE: Amnesia Custom Story: Mystery - Kman - 10-24-2011

i find this a little hard to take seriously as you've now had 2 custom stories that were discontinued in the last 2 or 3 months...

RE: Amnesia Custom Story: Mystery - flamez3 - 10-24-2011

(10-24-2011, 07:27 AM)kman Wrote: i find this a little hard to take seriously as you've now had 2 custom stories that were discontinued in the last 2 or 3 months...
You cant get better in this if you don't make mistakes. Redemption was discontinued at 9 maps, i just did not think that the story was any good (wake up in prison, why?) And the other one wasn't discontinued, it was more upgraded with a better map but with the same concept.

RE: Amnesia Custom Story: Mystery - Kman - 10-24-2011

(10-24-2011, 07:33 AM)flamez3 Wrote:
(10-24-2011, 07:27 AM)kman Wrote: i find this a little hard to take seriously as you've now had 2 custom stories that were discontinued in the last 2 or 3 months...
You cant get better in this if you don't make mistakes. Redemption was discontinued at 9 maps, i just did not think that the story was any good (wake up in prison, why?) And the other one wasn't discontinued, it was more upgraded with a better map but with the same concept.
well i think if anything you should just stay with redemption and change the story around, just because you don't like the story doesn't mean you have to abandon the project. i mean with my custom story i know i've changed it around QUITE a lot but instead of changing projects i just adjusted it to match with the original plan. i'm not trying to be rude, just trying to help...

(10-24-2011, 08:10 AM)kman Wrote:
well i think if anything you should just stay with redemption and change the story around, just because you don't like the story doesn't mean you have to abandon the project. i mean with my custom story i know i've changed it around QUITE a lot but instead of changing projects i just adjusted it to match with the original plan. i'm not trying to be rude, just trying to help...
The maps were poorly made and had gotten feedback it wasn't good.

(10-24-2011, 08:15 AM)flamez3 Wrote:
Any feedback? Is the lighting good......Good story?

RE: Amnesia Custom Story: Mystery - Arvuti - 10-24-2011

(10-24-2011, 09:57 AM)flamez3 Wrote:
Is the lighting good...uhm

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2144]
What the hell ?

get rid of those light rays, they look awful.

(10-24-2011, 11:01 AM)Arvuti Wrote:
(10-24-2011, 09:57 AM)flamez3 Wrote:
(10-24-2011, 07:33 AM)flamez3 Wrote: You cant get better in this if you don't make mistakes. Redemption was discontinued at 9 maps, i just did not think that the story was any good (wake up in prison, why?) And the other one wasn't discontinued, it was more upgraded with a better map but with the same concept.
Is the lighting good...uhm

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2144]
What the hell ?

get rid of those light rays, they look awful.
hahahaha, I'm not too good with billboards Sad Should i take them away completely, or work on them some more?

RE: Amnesia Custom Story: Mystery - eliasfrost - 10-24-2011

You could make them shorter and make them a little more transparent (if that's possible).

(10-24-2011, 11:41 AM)nackidno Wrote: You could make them shorter and make them a little more transparent (if that's possible).
Hehehe, i don't know how to make them transparent.... :S