Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[ANN] "Oh Silent Night" * A Full-Conversion Christmas Special * - DOWNLOAD WITHIN - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: [ANN] "Oh Silent Night" * A Full-Conversion Christmas Special * - DOWNLOAD WITHIN (/thread-11924.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

"Oh Silent Night" * A Full-Conversion Christmas Special * - DOWNLOAD WITHIN - Statyk - 12-17-2011

The map is now ready! Forum thread here:

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-12064.html

RE: "Oh Silent Night" * A Full-Conversion Christmas Special * - Rapture - 12-18-2011

That looks painful, holding a candlestick by your thumb the whole time!

Love the Menu, do we get presents at the end of the story? Smile

RE: "Oh Silent Night" * A Full-Conversion Christmas Special * - Mine Turtle - 12-18-2011

this looks amazing! i have one question tho, how did u make the PS of snowfall that large, and that non-laggy? ive tried making the particle effect normal to environments, but it just looks horrible... the snow falls coordinatedly and simultaneously downwards. any help? ^^

RE: "Oh Silent Night" * A Full-Conversion Christmas Special * - Statyk - 12-18-2011

(12-18-2011, 03:02 AM)Rapture Wrote: That looks painful, holding a candlestick by your thumb the whole time!

You don't know how bad I would like to make animations to fix that >> but I don't have the time. =P

Quote:this looks amazing! i have one question tho, how did u make the PS of snowfall that large, and that non-laggy? ive tried making the particle effect normal to environments, but it just looks horrible... the snow falls coordinatedly and simultaneously downwards. any help? ^^
Thanks for the comment! =] It's actually a bunch of particles, of a repeated image of snowflakes, descending slowly. I spread multiple PS throughout and it looks like it's snowing. I can't really test how laggy it is considering my laptop is very strong, so it doesn't really even notice it. Would you like the particle system?

RE: "Oh Silent Night" * A Full-Conversion Christmas Special * - Mine Turtle - 12-18-2011

(12-18-2011, 03:11 AM)Statyk Wrote:
(12-18-2011, 03:02 AM)Rapture Wrote: That looks painful, holding a candlestick by your thumb the whole time!

You don't know how bad I would like to make animations to fix that >> but I don't have the time. =P

Quote:this looks amazing! i have one question tho, how did u make the PS of snowfall that large, and that non-laggy? ive tried making the particle effect normal to environments, but it just looks horrible... the snow falls coordinatedly and simultaneously downwards. any help? ^^
Thanks for the comment! =] It's actually a bunch of particles, of a repeated image of snowflakes, descending slowly. I spread multiple PS throughout and it looks like it's snowing. would you like the particle system?

i think you gave me a link for one of my projects a while back. the snowfall pile n all that stuff. it was awesome! though i found that when i had alot of particles, they would fall coordinated down with the same speed n all that(also it would lagg a shitload :S). any possible way that you could perhaps teach me how to make it look more natural? ^^

RE: "Oh Silent Night" * A Full-Conversion Christmas Special * - Statyk - 12-18-2011

Quote:i think you gave me a link for one of my projects a while back. the snowfall pile n all that stuff. it was awesome! though i found that when i had alot of particles, they would fall coordinated down with the same speed n all that(also it would lagg a shitload :S). any possible way that you could perhaps teach me how to make it look more natural? ^^

I don't understand what the problem is O.o

RE: "Oh Silent Night" * A Full-Conversion Christmas Special * - Kman - 12-18-2011

THANK GOD. i literally wasted 8 hours of my life on that god damn menu... not on the final version alone, but on the 2 other attempts that i had at making it that got deleted too.

(12-18-2011, 03:15 AM)Statyk Wrote:
Quote:i think you gave me a link for one of my projects a while back. the snowfall pile n all that stuff. it was awesome! though i found that when i had alot of particles, they would fall coordinated down with the same speed n all that(also it would lagg a shitload :S). any possible way that you could perhaps teach me how to make it look more natural? ^^

I don't understand what the problem is O.o
it REALLY laggs my computer, and the playing through of the story. the snow falls from the particle system very un naturally, making it look sketchy. the problem is that im wondering if i could increase the size of the particle system to make it less laggy. if not then could you please tell me how you got the snow in that picture to look natural, seeing the snow falls only 3 metres before despawning and respawning.
i guess not... :S

(12-18-2011, 03:18 AM)darkadders Wrote: it REALLY laggs my computer, and the playing through of the story. the snow falls from the particle system very un naturally, making it look sketchy. the problem is that im wondering if i could increase the size of the particle system to make it less laggy. if not then could you please tell me how you got the snow in that picture to look natural, seeing the snow falls only 3 metres before despawning and respawning.
This updated snow spawns MUCH higher, but some pieces fall a little quicker than others, giving slight variaton. Only downside is that it takes the snowflakes a bit to reach the floor. =\

and only way to make it larger is to add more "emitters" and place them in the necessary positions. As of right now, there are 9 snowflake emitters in one particles system, arranged in a 3x3 pattern. you can add more to make it larger and larger. But I don't have the patience...

(12-18-2011, 03:28 AM)Statyk Wrote:
(12-18-2011, 03:18 AM)darkadders Wrote: it REALLY laggs my computer, and the playing through of the story. the snow falls from the particle system very un naturally, making it look sketchy. the problem is that im wondering if i could increase the size of the particle system to make it less laggy. if not then could you please tell me how you got the snow in that picture to look natural, seeing the snow falls only 3 metres before despawning and respawning.
This updated snow spawns MUCH higher, but some pieces fall a little quicker than others, giving slight variaton. Only downside is that it takes the snowflakes a bit to reach the floor. =\

and only way to make it larger is to add more "emitters" and place them in the necessary positions. As of right now, there are 9 snowflake emitters in one particles system, arranged in a 3x3 pattern. you can add more to make it larger and larger. But I don't have the patience...
ooooh, you made a new version of it? awesome! i suppose i only got the demo version XD

could you send me the new snow pack? ^^

thanks for your patience btw, im alittle, noobish ^^