Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
How did you guys find out about Amnesia and/or Penumbra ? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: How did you guys find out about Amnesia and/or Penumbra ? (/thread-12415.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: How did you guys find out about Amnesia and/or Penumbra ? - Kman - 01-09-2012

Mine is possibly the most embarrassing thing ever, so I'm not gonna say! Ohhhh this is gonna piss SO many people off Big Grin

RE: How did you guys find out about Amnesia and/or Penumbra ? - flamez3 - 01-09-2012

(01-09-2012, 06:25 AM)kman Wrote: Mine is possibly the most embarrassing thing ever, so I'm not gonna say! Ohhhh this is gonna piss SO many people off Big Grin
How did you find out? I wanna know Big Grin

RE: How did you guys find out about Amnesia and/or Penumbra ? - BlueFury - 01-09-2012

@Kman, it's obviously PewDiePie isn't it. Afraid of the hate? Tongue
TBH, he got me more into amnesia

RE: How did you guys find out about Amnesia and/or Penumbra ? - Kman - 01-10-2012

(01-09-2012, 10:06 PM)BlueFury Wrote: @Kman, it's obviously PewDiePie isn't it. Afraid of the hate? Tongue
TBH, he got me more into amnesia
Naaaah. Though I will admit I did watch him for a while until... well, we've been over this a hundred times over. No need to bring it back up.

RE: How did you guys find out about Amnesia and/or Penumbra ? - flamez3 - 01-10-2012

I found out Amnesia by Pew....why would I have to get ready for the hate?

RE: How did you guys find out about Amnesia and/or Penumbra ? - Wooderson - 01-10-2012

I actually watched PewDie's videos way before I actually played Amnesia. I don't see a problem. If you like something then you like something.

RE: How did you guys find out about Amnesia and/or Penumbra ? - Brute - 01-10-2012

I found the demo from Penumbra Overture in the German Computer magazine "Computer Bild Spiele". I really enjoyed this, bought the full game and followed Frictional Game and now I am here! Big Grin

RE: How did you guys find out about Amnesia and/or Penumbra ? - Petike - 01-11-2012

I've already mentioned it in the past, but here goes :

My first ever exposure to Penumbra : Overture was this Slovak game review written in March 2007.

Later, when I bought the game (around February 2008, I think), I also joined the forums, tried out the original tech demo and started watching the latest news on the Black Plague release. And I've been a "Fanumbra" and, by extension, an FG fan ever since.

I only sporadically read or watched news about Amnesia while it was in development (but I went bananas after seeing how user-friendly the new SDK tools have become - a major negative aspect of Penumbra was, that it wasn't really comfortably moddable). I visited the forums more infrequently, in order to keep as much a neutral opinion on the upcoming game as possible. Besides, I had other things to do as well. In early September 2010, I downloaded the demo and... it was like playing Overture for the first time and I was hooked once again ! But I've noticed one thing : Some bits of the demo scared at least as much as the most intense bits of Black Plague (the water lurker had me dumbstruck when I first encountered it). Big Grin I planned to buy the game soon after, but the purchase kept being delayed by all kinds of common day duties and my indecision of whether to buy the game as a download or a retail purchase (eventually, I decided to go for retail, though I would have originally preferred a direct purchase).

RE: How did you guys find out about Amnesia and/or Penumbra ? - Danny Boy - 01-12-2012

i found out Amnesia because two of five voices in my head told me it existed...

RE: How did you guys find out about Amnesia and/or Penumbra ? - RawkBandMan - 01-14-2012

Jenomorph ftw.