Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[WIP] A Request to the Community - What Is Fear? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: [WIP] A Request to the Community - What Is Fear? (/thread-13622.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

[WIP] A Request to the Community - What Is Fear? - J.R.S.S. - 02-27-2012

Good day to you all. From what you can already see in the title of this such thread there is a request I ask. As some of you may know, I do not speak much for I only speak when it is meaningful. I give my words and use them on this forum not in hope of appearance or popularity but in hope of giving such words a meaning to every person that sees them. I either try to make sense of two men and their dispute or I give my knowledge to others. So today I request something from a few of you reading this. I am in the middle of a certain project. This project I am choosing to keep secret for the time being besides that I am working on it. This is not a game project (which is why this is in this such sub-forum of Off-Topic) but a video project. This short video is being created for the purpose of such people like yourselves to observe and to keep. It is for you. What I will say about this is that it involves Fear which I know many of you are familiar with.

Which is where my request comes abound. I seek audio files of men or women speaking of what they define as Fear. I wish for you to record yourself of your personal ideas and beliefs of what Fear entails and means. It may be fifteen seconds, it may be two minutes, or it may be even be ten or more minutes. The length does not matter but it is the content which does. How many files I receive and the length determines how this project will play out. Do whatever you wish, say whatever you want to say. I will not hold you back. I request this from you the community which it will surly be repaid once finished. If you are used in the video or even send myself a file that isn't used, you will be named at the end for which I promise that.

If you wish to give your definition of Fear then please send the link of the audio file download to my email at:
jer08k2@gmail.com
If you wish you can also send me the message to my forum website account. I would ask you to not post the link in this thread for I wish to keep what you say secret until the finished product.

Here is a link to a program (free) that you may record your voice and export it into any type of sound file.
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
And here is where you can upload your file and send me the link for which I can then download it.
http://www.mediafire.com/

Thank you.
___________________________________________________________________________________

Updates.
-The project's temporary name is What Is Fear? which I will be using unless kept.
-Have been receiving more audio files which is keeping myself busy with the project. Excited to keep receiving more.
-With the help of you, the community, I ask if this thread could be spread around for reasons to know of the project and perhaps even contribute.
-If you send myself an audio file, please put the name you wish to be credited under. I will contact the people who have already sent me a file.
-Too earlier for an estimation of completion as it depends on how many files I receive. Though screenshots will be posted at a near point. After that anything could happen.

More Updates To Come.

RE: A Request to the Community - Fear - Kman - 02-27-2012

Oh boy will I have fun with this...

RE: A Request to the Community - Fear - Wooderson - 02-28-2012

I may try this... I like thinking about how to define things. Will probably need to write a script or something because it wont be short if I do it Tongue

RE: A Request to the Community - Fear - J.R.S.S. - 02-28-2012

(02-28-2012, 02:32 AM)Lucke Wrote: I may try this... I like thinking about how to define things. Will probably need to write a script or something because it wont be short if I do it Tongue
It is all up to you, make it as long as you wish. I welcome everybody's ideas.

RE: A Request to the Community - Fear - she - 02-28-2012

I may just give this a try as it sounds interesting~ Hopefully I'll have something for you by tomorrow.

RE: A Request to the Community - Fear - Cuyir - 02-28-2012

Wow....I'll need to prepare a nice essay and then practice.

RE: A Request to the Community - Fear - J.R.S.S. - 02-28-2012

I would also like to add that I may have a few lines or more of dialogue that I wish to be recorded and used. After getting submissions from people I will find which voice sounds the best and ask that person to record them saying those lines if they wish of course. That is not till later. I look forward to hearing and using the recordings I receive from everyone.

RE: A Request to the Community - Fear - Elven - 02-29-2012

So gonna do this!

Can I post this as youtube video too? You can just rip it off if you wanna use it anywhere Smile

RE: A Request to the Community - Fear - J.R.S.S. - 02-29-2012

(02-29-2012, 01:16 AM)Elven Wrote: So gonna do this!

Can I post this as youtube video too? You can just rip it off if you wanna use it anywhere Smile
That works fine.

RE: A Request to the Community - Fear - J.R.S.S. - 03-01-2012

Received the first audio file. Just having one is letting me move forward with the project. I'm pleased and am only excited to receive even more from the community to use. I have started an update section on the first post.