Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Justine keeps crashing - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-57.html)
+--- Forum: Technical Support - Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-31.html)
+--- Thread: Justine keeps crashing (/thread-13795.html)

Justine keeps crashing - MysticalDynamite - 03-06-2012

Sorry to bother all of you guys again, but I have another problem with Justine. It's right in the beginning, after I open the cell door and walk out, the screen randomly goes black. Sometimes I make it further than others. A few times, I've made it a few steps into the room where Alois comes in. When it goes black, I have to press CTRL-ALT-Delete to get it off there, and when it goes back to my desktop, I see BlackBox. Should I try to post what the BlackBox says?

RE: Justine keeps crashing - jens - 03-06-2012

Post the hpl.log file instead from Documents/Amnesia/ can't recall if there is a specific for Justine.

RE: Justine keeps crashing - MysticalDynamite - 03-06-2012

(03-06-2012, 07:52 AM)jens Wrote: Post the hpl.log file instead from Documents/Amnesia/ can't recall if there is a specific for Justine.
Ok, there are two logs. I don't know which is the one, so I'll post them both.

RE: Justine keeps crashing - plutomaniac - 03-06-2012

Under Documents\Amnesia, the only folder present is Main? If not, is there a ptest or similar? If yes, we need the log from there.

Otherwise, make a clean reinstallation of the game or if you have steam do a file integrity check. You have many custom content, some of them may be corrupted.

RE: Justine keeps crashing - MysticalDynamite - 03-07-2012

(03-06-2012, 04:42 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Under Documents\Amnesia, the only folder present is Main? If not, is there a ptest or similar? If yes, we need the log from there.

Otherwise, make a clean reinstallation of the game or if you have steam do a file integrity check. You have many custom content, some of them may be corrupted.
Well, there's another folder that just has the hpl logs. That's basically it. But if I delete some of the custom content, will it be ok? Or will I have to install Justine (or the whole game) again?

RE: Justine keeps crashing - plutomaniac - 03-07-2012

Make a clean reinstallation of the game or if you have steam do a file integrity check. You have many custom content, some of them may be corrupted.

RE: Justine keeps crashing - MysticalDynamite - 03-07-2012

(03-07-2012, 03:56 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Make a clean reinstallation of the game or if you have steam do a file integrity check. You have many custom content, some of them may be corrupted.
Ok. The entire game, or just Justine?

RE: Justine keeps crashing - plutomaniac - 03-07-2012

entire game and then apply justine again

RE: Justine keeps crashing - MysticalDynamite - 03-08-2012

(03-07-2012, 10:57 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: entire game and then apply justine again

Ok, thanks.